Friday, March 4, 2016

No Makeup March: Day 4

So, because today was hot as hell, I really wasn't in the mood to play in any makeup, if I'm being honest with you. All I was in the mood for today was a high speed fan and a nap, and that's what I did, but I didn't want to leave the day without having done anything, so I got to decluttering! I've accumulated a lot of makeup in a short amount of time, and some of it I haven't even cracked open and used, outside of swatches. I figured, when would be a better time to clean out some of my makeup a little bit, while I'm not buying any? Here's what I came up with:


Igore my candle! My candle's not a part of this!

This is more than I thought I would get out of a decluttering. Let's look a little closer at what I'm getting rid of.
From left to right:
  • Milani Prime Shield Mattifying + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer - this was in my February Faves & F&#k No's, mainly because, for my face, it was a bold face lie. Never has my face been so greasy, even without primer
  • NYX Pore Filler - Another one that just didn't work for me. I feel like my L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base does the job better than this, and they're in the same price range.
  • E.L.F. Poreless Face Primer - I actually got this primer thinking that it would help with the greasiness on my face (because I thought that my E.L.F. Mineral Infused primer was the culprit), but it didn't help with mattifying, and it didn't fill any pores, either, so what's the point?
  • Black Opal Even True Conceal & Brighten Under-Eye Concealer - I got this hoping that, by going a shade darker in concealer, I would help to conceal the distinct puffiness under my eyes, but it just looked like I was tired, so no.
  • L.A. Girl HD Pro Conceal Yellow Corrector - Though it looks pretty good when I put my regular concealer on top of it, I feel like this is still making the corners of my mouth look ashy when it's all said and done. Plus, this one is watery, for whatever reason.
  • Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer - I think I got this because it was a dollar. I don't even like this color.
  • Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free + Balance Foundation Sticks (355 Coconut) - I thought these matched my face at first, but my lighting is extremely deceiving, and I had to have a man at a kiosk wipe off the side of my face in the middle of the mall for me to learn the truth. Plus, that shine-free thing is a lie; the Matte + Poreless works much better
  • L'Oreal True Match Foundation (N8 Cappuccino) - I think this was too dark for my face, too. I want a True Match foundation so bad, but I have such a hard time with finding my "true match"
  • BH Cosmetics Second Edition 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette - When I bought this, I had hoped that it would bring an end to my search for bright, colorful shadows, and I would be good to go, but this just sucked. It's not that pigmented (I have cheaper eyeshadow that is) and it's just big and in the way and I think I've used it once this entire time, and I'm tired of looking at it.
  • Black Radiance True Complexion Soft Focus Finishing Powder - I do like this powder (I have a post on it), but I feel like it's just a tad bit too cool for my face (I have a warm, yellow undertone). There are only three finishes in this powder, and this is the one in the middle, so it's just a no for me.
  • CoverGirl Queen Collection Lasting Matte Pressed Powder - You know what, I think I liked this powder. I think it was pretty good at mattifying, but the color was just not a favorite of mine.
  • CoverGirl Queen Collection CC Cream - This was my first attempt at purchasing a "foundation" lol; clearly I had no idea of what I was doing, but I was going to a concert and was going to meet the group and I needed a new face, back when I never wore makeup...ever. Like, I had never put on foundation. But this is too dark for me (are you surprised?) and it's just a CC cream, which I never use.
  • E.L.F. Bronzer Palette - I got this for free when I bought my E.L.F. Naturals palette, and I kept it because I liked the second color in the quad for a very subtle highlight, but after discovering so many other bronzers and things (that I haven't bought yet, but thoroughly plan to in April), I have no use for this anymore.
  • Nicka K Perfect 9 Nude Palette - I got this for like, $1.50 at the beauty supply when I first started my Instagram and it was generally not impressive, but I had kept it for two of the colors, but now I have those colors three times over in other palettes, as well as all of the other colors in this palette, so there's no reason for me to hold onto it anymore.
  • E.L.F. Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow (Gotta Glow? I think) - I got this hoping for a good inner corner highlight, but it's just too messy for my thick ass fingers, and I have plenty of inner corner highlight shadows that I actually can apply, so no.
  • Some random brushes that came with some of my blushes - I have a blush brush. I have two blush brushes. Self explanatory.
  • E.L.F. Eyebrow Treat & Tame - I got this thinking the clear part was like one of those brow gels that would hold my wily hairs in place. Clearly, I didn't read.
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Mascara - I have an Instagram post on this, too, when I tried it out. It was nothing to shout about; I just really am blown away by my Ruby Kisses and L'Oreal mascaras
  • Wet 'N Wild Color Icon Brow Pencil (Brunettes Do It Better) - This was my first ever brow pencil when I acknowledged that I should probably do something about my eyebrows, and the lead is just entirely too big for my already huge eyebrows.
  • Revlon Colorstay Not Just Nudes Palette - I've never liked this palette, to be honest with you. I had thrown away my E.L.F. 144 palette, and was looking for a simple nude palette because I thought that was all that I would need (ironic laughter), and I let the girl at Walgreens talk me into this one over the other Revlon palette, and this ignited the eternal fire of eyeshadow palette addiction within me, so thank you, Revlon Colorstay Not Just Nudes Palette; you weren't a total waste
  • Maybelline The Nudes Palette - This is dry. And not very pigmented. And it just sucks. All of the The Nudes palettes suck, in my opinion; I got this because I was sick and I wanted to buy makeup. And I wasted ten dollars.
Okay the lips get a little extensive so I'm just going to say that some of them I've had entirely too long, and some of them were too light (one was straight doo-doo purple) and some I just didn't like the color on but were too lazy to take back.

Alright, you can see where my laziness kicks in! But I'm glad to do this. A part of me wishes that I had more palettes to get rid of but I'm a palette addict and, as you can see from past looks, I do use all of my palettes. We'll see what else I'll be trying to get rid of when April comes!

x Ashlan 

No comments:

Post a Comment