Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Hellhole that is Retail.

Y'all.

I'm so tired right now, like...I'm exhausted. I knew I was going to be a little bit weary, having worked both jobs, but this goes beyond. My second shift was hell, and to top it off we didn't get out of the actual store until almost an hour after we were scheduled to, because that's just how retail works. I love that it gives me a place to dress up for, but when I actually get there, man...I don't know, today just wasn't a smooth sailing day. So I cant even give you the usual sassy bubbly antics that I normally do, because I'm just worn out. But, I wanted to do the details on this look, specifically because I wanted to talk about a certain product, so let's get into it.





With a closeup on the eyes, of course:

 I was attempting to be subtle; can you tell?

And here is me trying out that back camera-flash in daylight thing that Alissa Ashley does in her selfies:

 I mean, it's not nearly as gorgeous as hers (by a long shot), but not bad! I like that idea.
And my shirt is wrinkled. I was in a hurry; don't judge.


This was my look for the day. I already knew that I wasn't going to be in the mood to put on contacts (my shift today was longer than normal), so I did a look surrounded by the fact that I would be wearing my glasses, and here I am with glasses:


As I stated before I wanted to be a little more subtle, meaning not as vibrant of an eye  look (since it was going to be obscured by glasses, anyway), and a bolder lip to give me the look of a sophisticated magazine editor in New York or something, not just a dopey chick who didn't want to put on contacts. I think it came out pretty well, and here are the details, before I tell you my favorite thing about it.

FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • Hard Candy Sheer Envy Shine Free Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth, Nose, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: the lighter shade of the Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator in #12
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper
Brow Gel: Milani Stay In Place Brow Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Rust, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Deeper Transition/Crease: Olden, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Lid:  
    • Inner Half: #5, in the Makeup Revolution Day to Night Palette
    • Outer Half/Outer V: Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
    • Inner Corner: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Get Lucky
  • Lower Lash Line:
    • #8, in the Makeup Revolution Day to Night Palette, with a little of Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette to darken the very outer end
  • Wing sketched first with Carbon, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette (but any black eyeshadow would work)
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with Ruby Kisses Big Lash Mascara
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
The Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer Powder in Rock On World, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronze Ultra Blush Palette over top
BLUSH:
L.A. Colors Mineral Blush in Spiced Rum

LIPS:
Lipstick: ColourPop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick in Prim 
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark
Can you guess what I was crazy about in this look? If you guessed the Flawless Matte palette, then you were dead on. I freaking love this palette, and that's saying a lot for a person who hates matte shadows. These blend AMAZINGLY, like, it doesn't take much for me to spread it from point A to point B, and I can build it up without accidentally dropping a lot of product in one concentrated spot (which forces me to rub my eyelid endlessly trying to blend it out, which is highly irritating to my skin -ahem- Tarte). The shadows blend beautifully with one another as mattes, and they mesh wonderfully with different finishes like shimmer shadows. I love it, you guys. I thought that the L'Oreal La Palettes were great for transition shades (and they are still, don't get me wrong), but this palette has every single one of any single matte eyeshadow I could ever need in one palette, and they go on, well, flawlessly.
Alright, that's about as much enthusiasm as you're going to get out of me tonight! I'm going to try to write for another hour before I go to sleep; see you tomorrow!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment