Thursday, March 17, 2016

I finally did a One Palette Wonder!

Well, almost. Just about 2% of the stuff I messed around with yesterday was not from the same palette, so I'm getting close you guys! It's a work in progress.

I honestly wasn't planning on doing anything involving makeup yesterday; I worked, and I was a little tired, and I was supposed to be writing, but I had a sudden desire to play in makeup (okay, I was on Instagram, too). But, I wasn't in the mood to do a recreation; recreations take work, and a lot of palettes, as you have seen, and I just wanted to do a little something simple - well, simple for me, at least. So I grabbed the Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 1 Palette and a couple of ColourPop SuperShock Eyeshadows and played around a little, and got this!





Girl.

And here's a closeup on the eyes:


I actually did a video for this look as well, but, of course there's no comparison shot, because this mess came from one palette and the top of my head! I'm not completely sure about how I feel about it all the way, but I like it more than I dislike it, and I'm pleased, considering the fact that I was basically going into this blindfolded. Details, yes?


FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • No general primer again! But I did that on purpose this time because...laziness
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
  • Nose: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation in C6 Soft Sable
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows (I tried to keep this look limited to just one palette, with the exception of the transition/crease and the inner corner highlight):
  • Transition: #5, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette
  • Crease: #8, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette
  • Lid:  
    • Overall: #10, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette
    • Middle Third: #7, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette
    • Outer Third: #6, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]:
    • #9, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette, with a little of #8 from the same palette over top
    • #7, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette
  • Wing: a line of the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Get Lucky, along with a line of the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in KathleenLights under it, with a small, tiny razor sharp wing of the RubyKisses Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner in between them (extra, I know)
  • Water Line: Maybelline Master Kajal Liner in Onyx Rush
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara over top
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
The Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer Powder in Rock On World, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronze Ultra Blush Palette over top
BLUSH:
#2, in the Makeup Revolution Sugar and Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Double Espresso, with a little of Black Radiance Perfect Tone Lip Color in Molten Bronze in the center for a little warmth, more so than an ombre effect
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner in Lavish Brown
The Makeup Revolution Bronzer combo is quickly becoming my absolute favorite highlighting method, and this look was a good way to practice with more of the MUR shadows, since I'm going to transition into having a collection that consists of about 85% of MUR-only palettes. As usual, I'm not disappointed in the slightest with them; I can't wait to do more One Palette Wonders!

Alright, time for me to attempt to write again. See you later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment