Saturday, March 5, 2016

No Makeup March: Day 5

Behold, it is the weekend, and I'm barely hanging on by a thread.

I almost bought some makeup today, y'all. I'm not even going to lie to you. I've been talking on Instagram with someone about the CoverGirl TruNaked palettes (Nudes, Goldens and Roses) and she was talking about how great the pigmentation and quality of the shadows were, so you know my ass, what did I do? Go research them.

Of course, she's not the only one that loves these palettes; there are people comparing them to Urban Decay Naked palettes (which I wasn't particularly impressed by, anyway), et cetera, et cetera. The point of all of the raving was that the shadows were pigmented, incredibly soft, very blendable, and all that good stuff, and I want them.

I want them, and I almost bought them.

I went to Walgreens first, where I could've sworn that I saw them, and the lady in the cosmetics section told me that they did have them momentarily, but because they don't normally carry those palettes, they were on clearance; there was one Goldens palette left, and one of the shadows was broken, so I left it. Then, after work, I went to Ulta, where the mofos were buy two get one free; I could've gotten all three of them for the price of two and been a happy failure, but they only had the Goldens and the Nudes left, and I wanted my free third, so I left them. Then, thinking that it wasn't such a big deal if a little of the shadow was broken (I had just seen a video about repairing such a thing), I went back to Walgreens and grabbed the palette, preparing to buy it, but I dropped it, further breaking the shadow - which was SOFT AS HELL, but broken and speckling the other shadow pans, so I left again. Then, I went to the Ulta website to see if the promotion was the same online (of course it was), but something about the shipping bringing my total to $30 made me stop, again, and I finally left it alone, and went home still in the No Makeup March game, but highly frustrated.

I WANT THOSE PALETTES. I WANT THOSE DAMN PALETTES. I'M LOSING MY MIND.

I almost called this entire thing off. I almost said f--k you, f--k not buying makeup, f--k all of this. I almost failed.

But, I told myself that they would be there in April, or I could a least order them in April, and here I am, alive to fight another day.

That has nothing to do with the look I'm about to show you, because I had to go to work regardless, but I still wanted to share that little nugget of temptation. Let's move on.

 

Ignore the big ass pimple on my cheek.

I honestly have no idea of what I was doing, and I had no real idea of what I wanted to do when I sat down; I just wanted to play off of the various colors of this shirt, which is my most favorite work shirt in all of existence. Here's a closeup on the eyes.
-crowd shouts "Details! Details!"- Alright, alright, keep your pants on.

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • ...This is the point when I realize that I didn't prime the rest of my face. Carry on.
 Concealer:
  • MouthNicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
  • Nose, Chin and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 340 Caramel
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper

EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #3, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2
  • Crease: #6, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2, with #27, in the Morphe 35P Palette over top
  • Lid:  
    • Overall: Unbelievable, in the LORAC Unzipped palette
    • Inner Third: Unlimited, in the LORAC Unzipped GOLD palette, with Unleashed from the same palettette over top
  • Lower Lash Line:
    • Inner: Unlimited, in the LORAC Unzipped GOLD Palette
    • Overall: Orchid, in the Absolute New York ICON Twilight Palette
    • Outer: Port, in the Absolute New York ICON Twilight Palette
    • Very Very Outer & Definer: Caviar, in the Absolute New York ICON Twilight Palette
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara, enhanced with Milani Length In Seconds Lash Extension Fibers
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Ruby Kisses All Over Glow Bronzing Powder in Bronze Glow
BLUSH:
#4 in the E.L.F. Studio Blush Palette in Dark
SETTING SPRAY: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Setting Spray
LIPS:
Lipstick: an ombre combo of Maybelline Color Sensational Maple Kiss and Ruby Kisses Satin Kiss Wine
I'm quite proud of this look, because for the past several looks I've been doing recreations of other people's originality and I felt kind of bad, so I'm happy to say that this was all on my own! I hope you like it!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment