Monday, March 21, 2016

My Ridiculous (and Continuously Growing) Eyeshadow Collection

Hey, you! Are you feeling nosy? Don't feel bad; I'm nosy all the time.

Anyway I was too lazy to do a look for you guys today (plus I dedicated what little time I had to writing - yay me), so I decided to just do an updated recount of all of the eyeshadow I own, that doesn't include what I plan to put in my Instagram giveaway. This is kind of my starting point before the Flexible Dieting Friday purchases really kick up, and it keeps us on the same page (because while my palette key and swatch gallery include a ton of eyeshadow palettes, I don't own a lot of those anymore due to decluttering and the giveaway). Alright, let's get into the Six Drawers of Wonder.

Behold.

We're starting from the bottom to the top! And in Drawer One:


The few high end/mostly makeup artist-used palettes that I have left! I took all of my high end palettes back to the store after an epiphany, and I've been buying affordable ever since, but there were just a couple that I couldn't let go of. This drawer includes:

  • BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette
  • Morphe Brushes 35P and 35T Palettes
  • LORAC Unzipped and Unzipped GOLD Palettes
  • Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Palette
  • Tarte Tartlette 2 In Bloom Palette
Drawer Two!


This is moving back into the drugstore bracket, though a couple of them are a little pricey (namely L'Oreal), and there's one kind of high end palette that it's like the store-brand version of name-brand products, if you get what I mean. This drawer includes:

  • CoverGirl TruNaked Goldens Palette
  • BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Eyeshadow & Baked Highlighter Palette
  • L'Oreal Paris La Palettes Nude 1 and 2 (though now they're calling the 2 "Nude Intense", but it's the same damn Nude 2 don't get bamboozled y'all)
  • Absolute New York Twilight ICON Palette (the only one of the three that I really couldn't make myself let go of)
  • Sephora Overcast Filter Palette
  • BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette (the golds/bronzes in this are amazing)
  • BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Palette
Phew...that was only two drawers. Alright, Drawer Three!




Now we're getting into the really affordable palettes, from drugstore and beauty supply stores explicitly. The most expensive palette here is probably the Endless Eyes Pro Mini Palette from E.L.F., which retails usually for $10 (I think I got it for $7 though). This drawer includes:

  • Wet 'N Wild Studio Eyeshadow Palettes in QuartzCenter and Coming in Latte
  • Ruby Kisses Better NAKED and Big 'n Beautiful Palettes
  • the famous Wet 'N Wild Comfort Zone Palette (I bought a second as a backup because I didn't ever want to run out of this one...that duochrome though!)
  • Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Palettes in Nude Awakening and Bare Necessities
  • E.L.F. Neutral Endless Eyes Pro Mini Palette  
  • E.L.F. All About Nude Palette
Well done, grasshopper, you made it through the first three levels of the Six Drawers of Wonder. Now we move into the promised land: Makeup Revolution. 


I bought a separate set of drawers just for my future Makeup Revolution purchases, and I like to keep them separated according to the sub line of palettes they are (Salvation, Redemption, etc.) This first drawer includes the Redemption 32's and the Ultra Blush Palettes (which are blushes, I know, but some of those colors are just not going to work as a blush, so where are they going? My eyeballs). This includes:

  • Makeup Revolution Affirmation Palette
  • Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette 
  • Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Ultra Blush Palette 
  • Makeup Revolution Sugar and Spice Ultra Blush Palette
  • Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Bronze Palette 
Sigh...Makeup Revolution makes me happy. Drawer Five!





These are the Salvation palettes, and one lone Professional palette (which won't be lonely for long, mark my words). There isn't much in this drawer but, like I said, I like to keep them separated. This drawer includes:

  • Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette 
  • Makeup Revolution Girls on Film Palette
  • Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette 
  • Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette
Pretty soon that drawer is going to be stuffed. I'm going to need a drawer just for Salvation palettes. Okay, last but not least, Drawer Six!


Le Iconic palettes! I don't like these palettes as much as I like the Salvation/Redemption palettes (and I love nothing more than I love the Redemption palettes), but I still love these, so that doesn't even really matter. These are also the cheapest, so I have the most of these. These include:

  • Makeup Revolution Essential Day to Night Palette
  • Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Palette 
  • Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokes Palette
  • Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette (Urban Decay Naked dupe)
  • Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 Palette (Urban Decay Naked 2 dupe)
  • Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette (Urban Decay Naked 3 dupe)
Alright, those are the drawers! But you didn't seriously think I was finished, did you? Moving on to another hidden drawer I forgot about...


Behold, the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow singles! I have:

  • Bella Emerald
  • Bella Chiffon
  • Bella Bronze
  • Bella Cobalt
  • Bella Copper
  • Bella Black
  • Bella Teal
  • Bella Espresso
  • Bella Gold
  • Bella Purple
  • Bella Rouge
  • Bella Sand
  • Bella Champagne
I feel like these are so handy to have! I could have all the palettes in the world, but there is always going to be one color that I need that's just not going to be found in them, but I always find them in these singles! 

I'm still not done.


Can't forget about ColourPop! If by some chance I'm unable to find the color I need in the Milani singles, then I'm guaranteed to find them here. These adorable drawers hold:

Left Chest
  • Drawer 1: KathleenLights, Game Face, Hustle, Mooning
  • Drawer 2: Empire, Lace, Coconut, Etiquette
  • Drawer 3: On The Rocks, Amaze, Stereo, Blaze
Right Chest
  • Drawer 1: Ibiza, Cheap Date, Moonshine, Boy Band
  • Drawer 2: Sunset Blvd, Puppy Love, Get Lucky, Porter
  • Drawer 3: Fringe
Okay, now I'm done! Phew, this post was longer that I ever expected it to be. And the killer part is that I'm not done! I'm going to have a ton of drawers full of stuff, and the majority of it will probably be MUR, and I'm so excited! 

Was this interesting? I mean, I have lipsticks and stuff, if you guys wanted to know about that too. Let me know here or on Instagram or something if you're interested in whatever else I have (it's not nearly as much as the eyeshadow, I can tell you that now). Okay, that should hold you until tomorrow, at least! Good night!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment