Saturday, March 12, 2016

No Makeup March, Day 12: Makeup Revolution & Missy Lynn Edition

Hellooo!

Alright, so I had to work today, right? And I went to the store to find a simple black shirt to wear, because I didn't have one to wear and I wasn't feeling any of the shirts that I already had. So, I took myself to Ross and found a decent shirt, and as I was in line I discovered a scarf.

Now, for any of you that don't know this (and you probably don't, because I haven't talked about it), I am a complete scarf addict. Scarves are my thing; I'm a big girl, and I like to manipulate my silhouette with draping things (cardigans, long shirts, etc) and scarves - infinity scarves in particular - are my weakness - I own about 25 scarves right now. So, imagine me seeing a scarf like this, and trying not to buy it. Believe it or not, it was actually harder than not buying makeup, and we all know how bad I am at not buying makeup. So naturally, I bought it, and naturally, I needed to figure out a look to go with it. Now, I could've easily done a look like the Egyptian Bird of Paradise (the details of which are in the previous post), but I had to remind myself that it was still a work environment, and I'm supposed to be a demure, grown woman (for the most part) there, so I had to find a way to make a look inspired off of the scarf and then tone it down at the same time, so I ended up with this:





And an eye shot:

PEEP. THEM. LASHES.

I don't have a video for you, which is probably going to happen whenever I have to work, but here it is! This is really just a muted version of the Egyptian Bird of Paradise (I love that name lmao), so it's nothing to write home about; well, maybe those lashes, which we will get into in a minute. But if you're looking for some color (and this is a look that I got a lot of compliments on today) but don't want to look ridiculous in a work environment, then stay tuned! Here come the details!
FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • Benefit The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • Hard Candy Sheer Envy Shine Free Primer on my T-Zone
  • ...Again, forgot to prime the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth, Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: the left, lighter color of the Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator in #12
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 340 Cappuccino

I noticed that applying foundation with a blending sponge after applying concealer with a blending sponge displaces the concealer, so don't do that! Don't be like me!
 
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #4, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Crease: #3, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette, with #6, in the Makeup Revolution Mattes Palette to define the crease further
  • Lid:  
    • Inner Two-Thirds: #1, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette, with #7, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette over top of the first third, and #8 in the same palette over top of the second third (does that make sense?)
    • Outer Third: #27, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
    • Inner Corner: #1, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: 
    • Inner:  #1, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
    • Overall: #8, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
    • Outer: #21, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
Liner:  
  • Sketched first with #18, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette (any black shadow would work)
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black
  • Water Line: Black Radiance Eye Appeal Kajal Eyeliner in Jet Black
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara, enhanced with Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer Powder in Rock On World, topped with Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in So Hollywood at the tops of my cheekbones
BLUSH:
#1 in the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Maple Kiss
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark 
Eh, like I said, nothing to really write home about, because I was trying to keep it muted, but I adore MUR shadows! I really do plan to own every palette that they come out with, because they're all amazing, and so worth it. I work again tomorrow, and I think I might be feeling a little dark, if you know what I mean, but we'll see! Good night!
x Ashlan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment