Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter! (Makeup Revolution Edition)

Happy Resurrection Day, people! Let's take a minute to acknowledge that this day has nothing to do with a damn bunny carrying eggs for children to find (how did we even get to that?), but it's about Jesus rising from His tomb to ascend to Heaven three days after His death!

Okay? I'm really the last person to be preaching, but I just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page. Cool? Cool. Moving on!

I just said all of that about the bunny and the eggs, but I had to do a look today, and the only real colors you can correlate with Easter Sunday are the pastel kind, so I decided to find a look to recreate that was most reminiscent of an Easter egg, and this is the one I found!

Photo and look by @makeup_alieva

It's a beautiful look, and is very pastel-y and kinda reminds me of Arizona/Nevada/New Mexico, if that makes sense, but, because I don't own really any pastel colors, I had to recreate this look with lots and lots of shimmer, because I am the self proclaimed Shimmer Queen. Here's my rendition:



Oh, the suckiness at taking pictures.

Closeup on the eyes:


And a comparison shot!






And I didn't forget the video this time.

I'm actually really happy with this! I was worried that it might be a little too 80's technicolor for an Easter inspiration, but it came out surprisingly well with the shimmers! I'm actually surprised that I managed to somewhat recreate that beautiful sunset transition, especially on my skin tone, so excuse me if I pat myself on the back a little bit.

Oh! And this look was a One Brand Wonder, starring nothing but Makeup Revolution palettes! Everything, including the lower lash line (which a I have a tendency to deviate on) is from my favorite eyeshadow-highlight brand of all time. Let's get started with the details!

 

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: the tried and true Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino (I'm not giving away anything!)
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper, dusted over with Cork, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Basic Transition: Rust, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Transition/Crease Gradient (from top to bottom?):
    • Trend, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
    • Tone, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
    • a tiny bit of #8, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
    • #21, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: #6, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
    • Outer V: #10, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #7, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
    • #13, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Lid: Absolute New York Nano Liner
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with Ruby Kisses Big Lash Mascara
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
#7, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Blush Palette, with #6 in the same palette over top
 
BLUSH:
#4, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: NYX Liquid Suede Lip Cream in Soft-Spoken, with Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Untainted Spice on the perimeter
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Coffee Bean
 
Alright, that's it, you guys! I have a dog to feed, and myself to feed, and homework to do (ugh) and writing to do (yay!). I'll see you soon!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment