Wednesday, March 2, 2016

No Makeup March: Day 2

March is really trying me, y'all.

Today was just a stressful day in general; between work and school, and getting a B on a paper (I've been trained not to see B's as a good thing), and just living life while Black in general, I just wanted to brood, so I turned off the lights, actually blew out my candle, and laid in bed for an unknown amount of time. And then it hit me: I should treat myself to some makeup.

Not buying makeup, of course (though it was hard as hell to walk past the makeup aisles at Walmart without stopping to look), but playing in it. I've already said that this was going to be the best way for me to get through this fast of mine, so why not channel my general moodiness into it? Which brings me to this look:

Image and look by @giuliannaa

 And here is my affordable version of it:
And a comparison shot for you:

I mean, I look like a sleepy cow, but you get the idea.

This was a serious challenge for me (again), because I've never truly done a smoky eye before, and I was a little afraid of the black eyeshadow, I'm not even going to lie to you. And of course, on my skin color, a lot of the smokiness of the look gets muted, and I didn't want to add too much because I didn't want to look like somebody had punched me in the eye. But the blue I love, and it made me feel better, so let's get into these details!
PRIMER: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
BASE: the Sculpt powder from the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
SHADOWS:
  • Browbone: a blend of Flower Child and Smarty Pants in the Tarte Tartelette 2 In Bloom palette
  • Smoky Transition (gradient from light to dark):
    •  Unconditional, in the LORAC Unzipped Palette
    • #6, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2
    • Unclad, in the Ruby Kisses Better NAKED Palette
    • #10, in the Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Nude Awakening Palette
  • Lid:
    • ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Coconut as the base
    • with #7, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: *the same gradient for the smoky transition*
LINER: 
  • Top lid: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Gel Liner in Black
  • Water line: Milani Supreme Kohl Kajal Liner
MASCARA: L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Midnight Black, enhanced with Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers

Considering how lazy I am, I think I like doing these eyes-only types of looks for you guys (I literally only did half of my face). You'll probably be seeing mor elooks like this in the future, especially if I'm going to be using makeup as a tool to keep me from buying makeup. I hope you like it!
x Ashlan
  

No comments:

Post a Comment