Friday, March 18, 2016

Flexible Dieting Friday 1

Alriiight, here we are! It is Friday, the first Friday of my new Flexible Dieting lifestyle (or whatever you want to call it). If you have gotten this far in this loony blog, then you should know the ramifications of this new, indefinite lifestyle, but since it's only the first Friday, I'll happily list them again for you! With this new "diet":

  • Once every two weeks (on Fridays for me), I will allow myself to go to a store and look and make a purchase, if I see something I want.
  • I will not buy anything before or after those two allotted days during the week.
  • Once every two weeks (the other two weeks in the month) I will allow myself to make an online purchase, if I see something that I want
  • I will not order anything before or after those two allotted days during the month; I also will not be buying anything in store on these days.
  • Nothing that I purchase, be it in store or online, will cost more than $30, including shipping fees.
I also posted a wishlist on the post that clarified these restrictions, and I must say that it has gotten incredibly long since I made that post; I actually took the time to go to the BH Cosmetics and Makeup Revolution websites, and made a list of everything that I plan to buy, and, being the masochistic person that I am, I'm going to post it here for your judging pleasure, but first! The Flexible Dieting Friday Inaugural Purchase!

 The Bella Black is out of its original packaging because the little booger broke and I had to fix it, because I'm too lazy to take it back to the store for another one. I mean, it's a black eyeshadow; it's not that serious.

This week was my In-Store Purchase week, so I am only allowed to buy something in a store, and whatever I get in total cannot cost more than $30, and that's all I'm allowed to buy for the week, so here's what I got! The Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte palette (or, as I like to call it, the Flawless Transition palette), as well as a few more of the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows in Bella Black (-and the Twilight stan in me giggles-), Bella Sand and Bella Champagne, and a few of the Black Radiance Perfect Tone Lip Color lipsticks in Brandywine, Copper Glow, and Sundrenched Bronze (which are swatched and documented in my swatch gallery!). I'm quite pleased with this week's purchase, because the Flawless Matte palette is so practical, and useful. Like, I hate mattes, honestly. I think they're boring, and take entirely too much blending to spread out to the color payoff I want (be it high end or drugstore/beauty supply, don't get it twisted), but they're so necessary. I could never do an entire satin/shimmer/metallic eye look, because I just don't like the way that looks. I like to save that brilliancy for the lids and lower lash line areas, so a good matte, while doesn't do much for me on its on, is extremely necessary and appreciated to complete an eye look, and the Flawless Matte palette has it all

 
Not only does it have it all, but all of the mattes are soft, and creamy, and not nearly as patchy as you would expect a matte shadow to be. I knew I would have to get this for its practicality, and I'm glad that I did. Plus, I'm addicted to the Bella Eyes singles, and I want them all (and I will get them all, mark my words), and Black Radiance's lipsticks are amazing for two dollars. Their colors are exquisite, and because it's a POC (specifically Black women) friendly company, all of the colors are complimentary to our skintones, so what's not to love? Swatches of those lippies are also in the swatch gallery!

And now for the uber long wishlist, which has been updated, and will indicate what I plan to buy next week, on Online Purchase Friday.

In Store Purchase Wishlist:
  • NYX Liquid Suede Lip Color in Vintage, maybe Sandstorm (I'm still not sure)
  • NYX Lingerie Liquid Lip Color in Teddy
  • All of the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows
Online Purchase Wishlist:
  • BH Cosmetics
    • Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Eye + Cheek Palette (I think the concept of the movie is stupid but...this palette)
    • Take Me To Brazil Eyeshadow Palette
    • Pop Art Color Extreme Palette
    • Nude Lips Palette
    • Ultimate Lips Palette
    • Wild & Radiant Palette
    • Wild & Free Palette
    • Wild at Heart Palette
  • ColourPop
    • Ellarie Lippie Stix and Pencil
    • Dalia Lippie Stix and Pencil
    • Taurus Pencil
    • Silk Lippie Stix
    • Lyin' King Ultra Satin Lip
    • Super Shock Eyeshadow in Nillionaire, Bae, Envy, Drift, Rex, La La, Shameless, Too Shy, Sequin,Lovely,Smash, Hammered, and Truth
    • Eyeliner in Dirty Talk, Piggy Bank, Swerve, Show Me, Best O, No Shame, Fast Lane, Bee Sting, Puppy, and Exit
  • Makeup Revolution (aw yeah)
    • Iconic Pro 1 & 2 Palettes
    • Flawless 2 Palette
    • Welcome to the Pleasuredome Palette
    • Stripped & Bare Palette
    • Big Love Palette
    • Unicorns Are Real Palette
    • The I Heart Chocolate Palettes in I Heart Chocolate, Death By Chocolate and Salted Caramel
    • Mermaids Vs. Unicorns Palette
    • Eat Sleep Makeup Repeat Paletee
    • Essential Mattes 2 Palette
    • What You Waiting For? Palette
    • Dia De Los Muertos Palette
    • Eyes Like Angels Palette Palette
    • Iconic Elements Palette
    • Hard Day Palette
    • Hot Smoked Palette
    • Girl Panic Palette
    • Iconic Dreams Palette
    • Essential Shimmers Palette
Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of damn eyeshadow, and a lot of damn palettes, but I told you from day one that I was a palette addict! I want all of the MUR palettes (and this isn't even all of them available), and on top of that I'm giving away at least 50% of the eyeshadow palettes I own (that aren't MUR or high end), so cut me some slack! I could be doing drugs or something; leave me be!

Alright, that's all I got for you today! I think I might do an eyeshadow collection post tomorrow, if I'm not too worn out from work (two jobs tomorrow). Actually, I might save the collection post for Monday, and just give you looks this weekend since I'm doing them anyway. Alright, I'm tired of typing! Bye!
 
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment