Tuesday, March 1, 2016

No Makeup March: Day 1

Okay, so because I've spent entirely too much in the past two months (my collection went from one box to six drawers), I've taken it upon myself to start a #NoMakeupMarch challenge. Now, when you look up that tag, it's a bunch of people who have decided not to wear makeup for the month of March; I've decided not to buy makeup for the month of March - there's no way I'm not wearing it. I feel like this is something that I seriously need to do, because I've quickly developed an addiction to buying things, namely cosmetics and bath products (curse you, Bath & Body Works). I already have much more makeup than I can use at a time, and though I don't plan on completely stopping my purchases, I've definitely decided to postpone them for the time being.

And y'all, this is hard as hell.

Makeup videos on YouTube are usually what I watch as a source of television throughout the day, and while eating my lunch before class today, I watched one of Tati's (glamlifeguru) latest videos. In it she used this big ass fluffy brush from Flower Cosmetics (which I don't buy, anyway), and I wanted it so bad. Just seeing that brush brought on this sort of withdrawal effect, and I was dying to buy something, but I forced myself not to, and I made it home today without one stop at any store.

I had the idea to ease my withdrawal symptoms by playing in makeup more, and using what I already have to recreate the sixty-odd looks that I've screenshot from Instagram, and here's the first challenge I took on:


Image by @sofia_torress

I like this look; I feel like it's transitioning into the brighter months with the teal/sky blue situation, while still holding on to the darker months from before with the warm brown. Now, the challenge for me was to recreate such a warm, delicious brown color, since I'm already warm, brown and delicious myself, but I accepted it with open arms, and I don't think I did too bad:
Please excuse my eternally wayward eyebrows.

It was a lot of fun, figuring out what to put together to get as close of a color match to the original as I could; some serious color theory was involved. Now, for the rest of the face:

 
 Aaand I caught my edges. *Sigh*, you see why I'll never be a professional?

Details, come on down!

FACE:
Primer:
L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
Concealer:

  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Nose and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transitions 
    • #5, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1 as the very base
    • #4, in the Wet 'N Wild Studio Coming in Latte Eyeshadow Palette
    • with #26, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette over top
  • Lid
    • ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Empire as the base
    • with #6, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette over top
  • Outer V: a blend of #23 and #26, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
  • Lower Lash Line:
    • Outer: a blend of #31 and #26, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
    • Inner: ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Empire, with #6 in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette over top
  • Inner Third: #25, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
Eyeliner:
  • Outer: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner in Lavish Brown (finally using this for what it's intended lol)
  • Inner: L.A. Colors Eyeliner Pencil in Turquoise
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara, enhanced with Milani Length In Seconds Lash Extension Fibers
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Ruby Kisses All Over Bronze Bronzing Powder in Bronze Glow
BLUSH:
#1 in the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Ultra Blush Palette
LIPS:
Lipstick: Wet 'N Wild Velvet Matte Lip Color in Hickory Smoked
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark

You guys are going to be seeing a lot more of Makeup Revolution in these looks, because I'm absolutely obsessed with their eyeshadow palettes; they're amazing, as well as the La Palettes from L'Oreal (well worth the $20 price tag, in my opinion). Alright, my next withdrawal episode should be soon, so I'll see you then!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment