Friday, March 25, 2016

The time I tried to take my spirit back to Africa.

I was just minding my business today...went to work, paid some bills, made plans to write...when the Nubian Palette came.

I had already been expecting this palette to be amazing, because of all of the swatches and videos and pictures that I had seen on Tumblr (where I saw it first) and Instagram, but then I got it, and opened it, and this happened, and there was no way that I could let the day go by without doing something with it, and so I did, and here it is.



Le closeup on le eyes (because front shots don't do it justice):


Honestly, the basic face-to-camera shots don't do it justice either, so here's some pictures I took through the mirror, in which the look is almost as striking as it is in real life:





And of course, the video. I don't know what happened; I started with the transition and crease as usual and then just had a moment like, let's channel Nefertiti real quick, and then this happened. Here come Ye Olde Details.

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows (Of course, this look was completely done with the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette, which makes it a One Palette Wonder yayyy!):
  • Transition: #3, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
  • Deeper Transition/Crease: #10, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette, with #13 in the same palette to cut and define the crease
  • Lid
    • Overall: #5, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
  • Inner Third: #6, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
  • Inner Corner: #4, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette, with a little of #6 over top to warm it up
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #8, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
    • #7, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
    • #4, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette, with a little of #6 over top
Eyeliner: Black Radiance Eye Appeal Kajal Eyeliner
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock On World, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Bronze Palette over top

BLUSH:
#1, in the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: NYX Liquid Suede Lip Cream in Cherry Skies
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark

Yeah...I went a little overboard, but that's okay! This is a creative space, and makeup is art! And I felt like a real Nubian for about an hour, so I'm not mad! Oh! And since today is Flexible Dieting Friday, I feel compelled to let you know that I made my purchase already, and ordered the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 & 2 Palettes, as well as the Flawless 2 Palette, because Ulta was having a BOGO 1/2 off sale, and I had a $10 off of $30 coupon, so it only made sense that I use it, right? Next week is my in store purchase, but I don't think I have anything in mind at the moment! I might try and find the NYX lippies that I want, as well as some more of the oval cotton pads from Ulta (which I love). If I can't find that I'll just settle for a couple more Milani singles and a Maybelline color eyeliner, but we'll see next week! Have a good night!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment