Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I was supposed to do a One Palette Wonder look today.

That's what I had decided to do when I did the Aubergine Peacock yesterday, but when I sat down to start playing in some makeup, I decided to scroll through my makeup folder instead, and any time I scroll through that folder, there is a 175% guarantee that I will use at least four palettes to get a look done, and today was no different. Let's start with the look that I was trying to recreate:

Look by @georgiarosex; Picture screenshot from @espacio.chic

And here's my rendition of it:




A closeup on the eyes:



And le comparison shot:
 In case you haven't noticed, I don't like doing full eyeliner; I like to cheat it.

It didn't come out exactly like the image that I was recreating, but I love it regardless, and I feel a little happy that I was able to put some originality into it as well; I knew it wasn't going to be the same when I saw that this look has glitter, and I ain't go no glitter. Oh, here's a video. I liked it so much that I took a bunch of full face shots, and the remembered that I didn't do my entire face lmao. But anyway, it was fun, and it took about six palettes and a couple of singles, so let's do some details!

EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #4, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Crease: #12, in the Makeup Revolution Affirmation Palette, with Unclad, in the Ruby Kisses Better NAKED Palette to deepen and define the crease a little
  • Lid (okay, this is where shit gets complicated):  
    • Overall: 
      • Primed again with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
      • Then a layer of #4, in the Wet 'N Wild Comfort Zone Palette
      • with #12, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette over top to warm that green up a little
    • Outer Half: #2, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette, with #8, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette over top to make it a little more rich
    • Outer V: #28, in the Makeup Revolution Affirmation Palette
    • Inner Corner: the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Chiffon, with Bella Gold as a small transition between the lid color and the inner corner highlight
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]:
    • #12, in the Makeup Revolution Affirmation Palette, with a little of Unclad, in the Ruby Kisses Better NAKED Palette right at the lash line
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Gold
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Chiffon, with a little of the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Fringe over top to take the place of the missing glitter
Liner:  
  • Wing sketched first with #32, in the Makeup Revolution Affirmation Palette (but any black eyeshadow will work)
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Felt Tip Liner in Black
  • Water Line: Maybelline Master Kajal Liner in Onyx Rush
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes, enhanced by Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers, and topped off with a littel L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes just to be extra as hell.
Again, this was really fun, and I felt super uber sexy when it was finished, and if you try this one out (just do like I do and work with what colors you have; you don't have to have these), then I hope you feel sexy too! Okay, first day of my "flexible dieting" down, and nothing was bought! Have a good night!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment