Friday, March 11, 2016

No Makeup March, Day 11: ColourPop & BH Cosmetics Edition

Nothing much to report in the way of my eternal struggle with makeup. Oh, I almost got hit by a school bus, but that's not entirely relevant. The important thing is that I made it home (thank you God) to be able to play in some more makeup, namely some new ColourPop eyeshadows I got, and palettes that I just got the other day: the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes and Missy Lynn palettes (with some features by Morphe and Ulta)! I actually didn't use much of the Missy Lynn palette this time because of the look that I was going for, which was this:

Image and look by @justyna_mua

And here's my rendition of it!







 And a closeup on the eyes:


And a comparison shot!

Also, here's a video for you, since I like doing that now.

Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room here. The foundation is too light, I already know that. I knew that when I started to apply it, but the pizza man was coming and I didn't have time to have half of my face done when I went to answer the door and get my pizza. Honestly, I chalk this up to the color range of the foundation that I used, because this is the color that's supposed to match me, honestly, but it's still too light for my face, and the next one down is too dark. And to top it off, it didn't conceal the uneven areas of my face as well as my Matte + Poreless does, and I used the exact same concealer as I did last time; tsk, tsk, tsk. Anyway, enough griping; details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth, Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: the left, lighter color of the Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator in #12
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Foundation in 92 Caramel
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Tan, in the Ulta Gilded Gold Palette
  • Crease: #4, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette, with Scorched, in the Ulta Gilded Gold Palette to define the crease further
  • Lid:  
    • Inner Half: #29, in the Morphe 35B Palette, with #20, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette over top
    • Outer Half: #31, in the Morphe 35B Palette, with #27, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette over top
    • Inner Corner: #26, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: 
    • Inner:  the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Ibiza, with #11, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette over top
    • Overall: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Coconut, with #25, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette over top
    • Outer: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Lace, with #24, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette over top
Liner:  
  • Wing: Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous
  • Tight Line: Black Radiance Eye Appeal Retractable Pencil in Beautiful
  • Water Line: L.A. Colors Eyeliner Pencil in Electric Blue
Mascara: Base coat of Ruby Kisses Big Lash Mascara, enhanced with Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers, topped with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer Powder in Rock On World
BLUSH:
#1 in the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Black Radiance Liquid Lip Color in Bronze Elegance


I. FREAKING. LOVED. THIS.

This was so much fun, you guys. Anything with this much color, and that requires this many palettes and shadows is right up my alley, and I'm so surprised that it came out so well, to be honest. I thought the foiled shadows might not show up when I started, but all is well! I think I might do a look with just the Missy Lynn palette tomorrow for work; who knows. All I do know is that I'll see you then!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment