Monday, March 28, 2016

#TeamNatural

Well, you know I'm always natural in the usual sense of the tag, but today I'm referring to makeup! I only had one class today, and, ironically, I consider those days to be a good day to put on some makeup to go to school, as opposed to days when I have to stay there longer, because I'm universally less uncomfortable. Plus, I wanted to try a couple of things out, or revisit them, is a better word for it, so I gave myself the challenge of putting together a completely natural-looking face for class, and here it is, my friends.







Look at how young I look! I felt like a kid...with dark circles.

Here's a closeup on the eyes, which was honestly the only part of the challenge that was an actual challenge.






There's no video, because this isn't something extra to speculate on, so moving on!

As you can see, a natural look for me is basically skin-looking skin, no concealer, no contour, and really as little effort as possible. Also, a lot of mattes, but I liked it! It was simple to do, and to top it off this was another One Brand Wonder (you're probably not surprised by now, considering the only brand that I usually buy). Okay, here are the details.



FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-zone
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer on the rest of my face
Foundation: Bare Minerals Original Broad Spectrum Foundation SPF 15 in Warm Tan
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews (to yellow it up, because this foundation is a little red)
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Basic Transition: Bear, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Crease: Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: Oak, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
    • Inner Third: #4, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette
    • Outer V: Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette 
  • Inner Corner: #24, in the Makeup Revolution Affirmation Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: #13, in the Makeup Revolution Affirmation Palette
Mascara: Benefit They're Real! Mascara
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Milani Baked Blush in Bellissimo Bronze
 
BLUSH:
a blend of #1 and #7, in the Makeup Revolution Sugar and Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: NudeStix Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mystic 
 
And that's it, you guys! Oh, let's talk about this primer situation. So, I tried the Stay Matte primer before, and I wasn't exactly impressed with it, but I'm thinking that it's because I tried to put it on over something that wasn't mattifying as well (like maybe my Magic Perfecting Base? I don't know, I can't remember), but this time I put it on after a layer of the mattifying gel and nothing else, and I think that it made a difference, because I was out in the elements today, honey. I was walking, I was outside, my mother's truck doesn't have air conditioning, and Houston, Texas, is rapidly heating up, but I wasn't that shiny. It might also have to do with the fact that I was wearing a mineral foundation instead of a liquid one, so I'll have to check it again under a liquid foundation, but we'll see!

Alright, now that's it! Later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment