Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Nubian Palette, Part Deux

Hi!

I had work today (but I don't have work tomorrow yayy) so of course I had to attempt to beat my face for my shift. I almost didn't put my contacts in (I was in for a five and a half hour shift) but I caught a glimpse of this scarf on my wall and was reminded of the glorious new palette that I had in my possession, and I decided to pop those suckers in and attempt a look that was a little more wearable in the workplace, which resulted in this:





And here's a closeup on the eyes:





And this picture just to be extra:


Let's just get straight into the details this time shall we? It's been a long night.


FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-zone
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin in 400 Caramel
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #3, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
  • Deeper Transition/Crease: #10, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette, with #12 in the same palette to cut and define the crease
  • Lid
    • Overall: #8, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
    • Inner Third: #6, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
    • Outer V: #12, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #12, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Emerald
    • #6, in the Juvia's Place Nubian Palette, with a little of #6 over top
Eyeliner: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock On World, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Bronze Palette over top
BLUSH:
#4, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Covet
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Lavish Brown
Hm...I'm not sure about how I feel about this foundation, you guys. I mean, outside of flash photography (which, let's be honest, I'm not really going to get much of in the real world) the color is fine - a little cool for my yellow ass undertone, but doable - but it does that thing for me like every other foundation does, where it seems to become a layer over my skin after a few hours and just doesn't look good to me anymore. I mean, I guess I can't complain about it if every foundation I use does that (except, it seems, for the Revlon Whipped foundation, but I can't remember; I'll have to wear it again soon). Does anyone else have that problem, specifically people with oily skin? I hate spending all that time doing my face only to feel like it looks like crap a few hours later.
Alright, I digress! I don't know if I'll be back with a post tomorrow, but you never know when it comes to me! Good night!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment