Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Apparently, my foundation is too dark.

That's what the man at the Mica Beauty kiosk said when he was trying to get my money (which I didn't have on me, thank God, 'cause I would've been out of 70 bucks right now). As he wiped off half of my face, that was his sentiment.

A part of me kind of felt that way about the foundation I used today (the Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free+Balance stick in Coconut), but it matched ten times better than the one I got in Cappuccino (the next one down) at first, so I went with it. But after the comment was made, I couldn't help but wonder if I had wasted my time (and money) buying two sticks of the stuff. I mean, it's not as drastically different as the L'Oreal True Match N8 had been on my face (entirely too cool; I'm a warm undertone kind of girl), but I don't want there to be a difference at all. 

And so, of course, I went shopping with grocery money.

I hightailed it to Walgreens on my way home and picked up the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless foundation in Cappuccino, which looks nothing like the Cappuccino stick. Why, Maybelline...why.

The Cappuccino matches about as flawless as a lucky guess could match, and it looked matte! That's what I need, because Lord knows Mama's face is an oil well. I put it on half of my face, and then applied my L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation in Soft Sable (C6) to the other half, and the only real difference that I could see was a difference in undertone:


On your left is the Maybelline Cappuccino; on your right is the L'Oreal Soft Sable; in the middle is a loopy looking me.

I can deal with that difference, but the only problem I really had was the lack of matte that the Soft Sable provides. I mean, granted, it says smack dab on the label that it's supposed to provide a healthy, luminous glow, but luminous glow always seem to equate to oily nastiness on my face.
This time, on your left is the Soft Sable; on your right is the Cappuccino

I could always try and set it with the Milani powder that I normally use, or some of the Ruby Kisses HD Set n' Forget powder that I'm dying to by a colored version of the next time I get my hands on some disposable income. But one thing I do know is that the Cappuccino matches. Another thing I know is that there are a lot of Cappuccinos in Northwest Houston, so my next bottle (and there will be a next bottle, because I'm a chipmunk) will most likely be ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment