Thursday, March 24, 2016

It took nine palettes to do this look.

Once again, I wasn't originally planning to do anything last night, because I had gone to work and I was tired and whatnot, but I had finally, finally gotten the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold palette in the mail (Ulta literally takes forever), and I was so mesmerized by the pigmentation and radiance of it that I couldn't leave it alone; I had to do something. The palette is so useful for me, which is not something that I'm usually able to do with MUR's blush palettes. There are two, not one, but two, blushes that I can use, and a brilliant bronze color, and highlights that would look like they couldn't be used on my skintone, but when combined with the bronze color they look beautiful, see here:


These are the four highlight shades in the palette, which look extremely frosty by themselves...


And this is how they look when applied on top of the bronze color. See how amazing that is? You better make that palette work for you!

So, with this palette in my possession, I had to do something with it, which brings in this look here.


 Picture and look by @mariahjbarnum


Pretty awesome, right? And extremely complex, hence the nine palettes used to make the recreation that you see here:






A closeup on the eyes:

And a comparison shot!


It's not an exact replica of the original look, mainly because it was really hard to recreate some of the colors, and mama don't play with glitter (I'm too much of a mess as it is), but I think that it came out nice! Kind of like a Mardi Gras kind of look, very fun and kind of jest-like or whatever. I enjoyed it. So, here we go!

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut (I still don't know if I'm doing this right...I can't find a video on it)
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Rust, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette, with #4, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette to orange it up
  • Deeper Transition/Crease: Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette to deepen the inner portion of my crease, and #9, in the Wet 'N Wild Coming In Latte Studio Eyeshadow Palette to really deepen and define the outer crease (I couldn't find the right brown, okay?!)
  • Lid
    • Inner and Outer Third: 
      •  #27 in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
      • with #20, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette over top
      • with #7, in the Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Nude Awakening Palette over that to make it more red
    • Middle Third:  
      • #9, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
      • with #12, in the Morphe 35T Palette over top to add gold to the bronze
      • topped with a little bit of the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Cheap Date, to replace the glitter
    • A small amount of #20, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette was applied between the orange and the yellow, to make the transition seamless
  • Inner Corner: a hearty amount of the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Gold, topped with #26, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • the Inner/Outer Third combo from the Lid section
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Gold, topped with the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Cheap Date
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Copper
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
#7, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Blush Palette, with #3 from the same palette over top
BLUSH:
#4, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick/Color: the Black Radiance Liquid Lip Color in Bronze Elegance, with the Black Radiance Perfect Tone Lip Color in Molten Bronze in the center of the lip
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark

Okay, well, I'm in class and I'm arguing with my friend so I don't have much of a closing statement! I'll talk to you tomorrow!


x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment