Sunday, March 20, 2016

Subtle Look: Achieved

I did it, you guys. I finally managed to make a subtle look for the days when I want to do my face, but want to wear glasses. I found that the missing component in such a feat was the use of matte eyeshadows; no wonder an extra tacky person like me, who harbors a great love for all things shimmery, didn't know how to do this! I was on a mission to combine this challenge with the challenge of making a look that matched this scarf, and this is what I came up with.


Ooh, I like that three panel thing.

And here's the closeup:

 
You might notice that I didn't take any of my usual flash in the dark pictures, because I liked these so much that I didn't even bother taking any others. No video, because this wasn't really anything to show; that's the point of it being subtle, right? I was so pleased! I feel like, with the addition of more mattes in my collection, I've opened myself up to all kinds of things, namely looks that I can wear out in public in daylight without looking like a circus clown. All in all, a successful day! Onward with the details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • Rimmel LondonStay Matte Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the lighter shade of the Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator in #12 under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: the lighter shade of the Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator in #12
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper, dusted over with Cork, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte palette
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Burnt, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette, blended into Rust, from the same palette
  • Deeper Transition/Crease: #4, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette, with Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette to further define the crease
  • Lid: Oak, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Outer V: Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Inner Corner: #1, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
  • Definer: Carbon, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: #10, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
    • #8, in the Makeup Revolution Day to Night Palette, with a little of Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette to darken the very outer end
Eyeliner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Gel Liner in Black
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with Ruby Kisses Big Lash Mascara
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Wet 'N Wild To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Sand-gria Castle
 
BLUSH:
#1, in the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: Wet 'N Wild Velvet Matte Lip Color in Hickory Smoked, with some Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Untainted Spice on the outer perimeter of my lips (you know, the ombre stuff, just subtler) 
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark

Mission accomplished! I'm happy, it looked good, I felt like it looked good, all is well. My only problem is that I think the 3D Face Creator is a little too oily for my skin, so even though it did so well in assisting the covering of my discoloration, I might have to let that bad boy go. Oh well, you can't win them all. I'll probably be back tomorrow with my eyeshadow collection or something. Good night!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment