Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I'm not having the best of days. (Recreation: BH Cosmetics Edition)

So, of course, I opted to play in makeup. I've done this once before, but I took a darker route with my look, but this time I decided to recreate a look with a little more springtime/summertime happiness, to see if it would brighten my mood up a little. I was inspired to recreate this look right here:


And here's my rendition of it, including a full face (because I wanted to try a couple of things out):



A close up on the eyes...




And le video!

I limited myself to making this look a One Brand Wonder, and only used BH Cosmetics shadows (and I mean it, I only used BH), so this look was easy to achieve, but was still fun to do! Keep on scrolling for details.


FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • The tried and true E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face (note to self: if it ain't broke, don't fix it)
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin in 400 Caramel
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #4, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Deeper Transition/Crease: #5, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Lid
    • Outer Two-Thirds: Venus, in the BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette
    • Inner Third: #26, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette, with a tiny dusting of Saturn (my planet, turn up!), in the BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette over top to warm it up/make it interesting
    • A small amount of #20, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette was applied between the orange and the yellow, to make the transition seamless
  • Outer V: #5, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Inner Corner: #2, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #5, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
    • #2, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing sketched first with #6, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Absolute New York Nano Liner
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Wet 'N Wild ColorIcon Blush in Apri-Cot in the Middle (which was too ashy for my face), with a little of #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Bronze Palette over top
BLUSH:
#1, in the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Beauty Mark on the perimeter of my lips, with a little of the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Exotic in the middle for an ombre effect
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark
So, now I know that the blushes that I wanted so bad are a no go for my face, so I think I'm going to stick with my beloved MUR Bronzer combo and call it a day, but the foundation! The foundation was a good color match (finally) and it felt light on my face. It's a medium coverage foundation which is what I was looking for (since I'm already sold on the Revlon full coverage foundation). I just hate that it's three times the price as Maybelline! But you can't deny when you like something; maybe I'll include a couple bottles of the Matte + Poreless that I've been stocking up on in my giveaway...
Anyway, that concludes today's makeup session! It's time to fry some chicken; I'll see you later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment