Thursday, March 3, 2016

No Makeup March: Day 3

Sigh.

I made the mistake of watching a Tati video today. It was a "What's Hot at the Drugstore" video, and while I spent most of my time shaking my head in disagreement about some of her opinions (the Wet 'N Wild Velvet Matte lip colors are phenomenal)she mentioned the Wet 'N wild Color Icon blushes that I've been eyeballing but walking past continuously, and watched Rose Champagne and I died

I want that blush. I want it for a highlight. I want it. I want it.

Have you ever read Midnight Sun, by Stephenie Meyer? You know, the Edward-version of Twilight? Where you finally learn just how hard it is for a vampire to be a vampire, constantly resisting urges when somebody walks by or something? That's how I felt with that blush. It took everything in my damn power not to drive my ass to the nearest Walgreens (and I have a few locations memorized) and buy that blush. Everything.

And then I saw swatches of the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn palette (which I had seen but had never really paid attention to because I had never realized just how awesome the colors in that palette are), and it's $9 right now and I just...Everything in my power today.
But I did it, and I'm proud, and I'm frustrated as hell.

So, you know what that means! Today's recreation:

Look by @justyna_mua; Image taken from @makeupgeekcosmetics

And here's my black girl rendition of it:
And a comparison shot:


Looks nothing like it, right? My camera/flash/lighting makes this entire look seem a lot paler than it actually was in person, and, for the life of me, I cannot fix my lighting or camera enough to get the colors right on a picture. Admittedly, it's not completely the same (very loosely based), but I enjoyed this eye look so much, the most out of all of the ones I've done so far, so let's get started!
 
PRIMER: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
BROWBONE: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn


BASE: the Sculpt powder from the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark

SHADOWS:
  • Transition: a mix of #31 and #8 (mostly #8), in the Morphe 35T Palette
  • Crease#23, in the Morphe 35B Palette, with #10, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette over top
  • Lid:
    • Center: Unlimited, in the LORAC Unzipped Gold Palette
    • Transition between Center and Outer V: #24, in the Morphe 35T Palette (just a little)
    • Outer V: a mix of #3, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette, and #8, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette, with #6 in the Makeup Revolution Mattes Palette over top to bring everything down a notch
    • Inner Third: #10, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette, with #2, in the E.L.F. Rio de Janeiro Flawless Eyeshadow Quad over top
    • Inner Corner: Unlocked, in the LORAC Unzipped Gold Palette
  • Lower Lash Line:  
    • Outer: #6 in the Makeup Revolution Mattes Palette, with #10 from the same palette right at the base of the lash line
    • Inner: Unlocked, in the LORAC Unzipped Gold Palette
LINER: 
  • Water line: Milani Supreme Kohl Kajal Liner
MASCARA: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes, enhanced with Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers
 
As you can see, I have the most fun when I'm using 75 different eyeshadow palettes, because I'm an eyeshadow addict, and it's my favorite part of doing makeup (and also what takes me the longest). I hope this didn't annoy you too much! You're probably telling me to never do another no buy month again. -nervous laughter-

See you later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment