Sunday, March 13, 2016

No Makeup March: Day 13

Finally, finally, I have lived a day free of guilt.

Not a drop of makeup was purchased today, though I faced and overcame many an obstacle over the course of the day's passing. I learned that Makeup Revolution has a new blush or bronzer palette or whatever that seems to be guaranteed to turn me into Aphrodite, and that Ulta sells the MUR Iconic Pro palettes (which are, apparently, dupes for the LORAC Pro palettes) on their website, where I can get them in the good old U.S. of A., where the shipping is affordable. It was a tough day, you guys, but I managed to make it home to you today from both jobs with my honor still intact, so let's get into the look I put on for my closing shift today.

 My lips were a little paler than when I started because I had been snacking, right, and I reapplied part of my lippie.

And a close up on the eyes, of course (because who really cares about the rest of the face?)


No video today...no wait! There is a video! 

I was trying to match this scarf, and I honestly went apeshit on the eyes (like, what palette didn't I use?) but it was surprisingly difficult to find a good forest-y, woodsy green in my collection, until I remembered the drawer of Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows that I have and never use!Also, this look heavily stars my favorite MUR palette, the New-trals vs Neutrals palette, which I hadn't been using because it had been wedged between a couple of other MUR palettes and was therefore completely forgotten! Needless to say it got a lot of love tonight. Who said having a ton of makeup was a waste? Alright, details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • Benefit The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • Hard Candy Sheer Envy Shine Free Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 340 Cappuccino  
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Trend, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette. with Adapt, from the same palette, over top to cool it off a little
  • Crease: #27, in the Morphe 35P Palette, with #32, in the Morphe 35T Palette to deepen the crease, and Strong, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette to really cut out that crease and outer V area (look at me, trying to sound like a makeup artist)
  • Lid:  
    • Overall: Mode, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
    • Inner Third: #4, in the Makeup Revolution Girls on Film Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]:
    • #10, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette (which was too blue for my liking; I had another green in mind that I should've used but didn't)
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Emerald
    • #4, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette
    • Unlimited, in the LORAC Unzipped GOLD Palette
Liner:  
  • Wing sketched first with #18, in the Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run Palette (any black shadow would work)
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black
  • Water Line: L.A. Girl Gel Glide Eyeliner in Very Black
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara, enhanced with Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in So Hollywood
 
BLUSH:
L.A. Colors Mineral Blush in Spiced Rum

LIPS:
Lipstick: NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Beauty Mark, with a little NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London in the center for an ombre effect
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark

I know I always say that I like the looks I do (if I didn't, I would be too ashamed to post them), but I really, really liked this one. I looked good in every light, including the crappy lighting in the dressing rooms at my job, and they never make anyone look good; i thin I looked best in that light, actually. It was fun, and it was really fun to experiment with ombre lip sthe way that everyone normally does them; I've learned that balming your lips wayy before you put on a liquid lippie like the NYX Lingeries (which can really suck the life out of your lips) makes it a lot easier to apply and wear throughout the day. I also learned that the Bella Eyes shadows from Milani are amazing! I got them because I love Milani and I wanted some single eyeshadows (I'm still trying to collect them all), but I wasn't overly impressed when I first first swatched them, long before this blog was born. But applying Bella Emerald to my eyes (especially my lower lash line, which doesn't take color easily) was mind blowing! I definitely can't wait to get the rest of the ones on my list.

Alright, spring break is this week! To cure my boredom of being broke (when I can't write anymoer), I'll probably be coming to you with a few more recreations, so stay tuned!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment