Thursday, March 10, 2016

No Makeup March, Day 10: FAIL

Yeah, you heard me. I bought makeup again, but this time, I don't feel not a lick of remorse, and let me tell you why.

I was going to the store to get milk, right? That's all I need, was some milk; on the way back home I was going to stop by Jimmy John's and get a sandwich. So I went to Walmart, of all places; why I didn't just go to Kroger, which was on the way, is beyond me, but I went to Walmart, and I'm glad I did.

Of course I went down the makeup aisles, I'm not even gonna lie to you. I wanted to see what was going on, and if I could find the stuff that I had been seeing on YouTube as of late, and I did; Walmart had stocked all of their shelves for once, and I saw all kinds of stuff. I even picked up some things and put them back, reminding myself that they weren't limited edition and would be there in April, and then I ran into the Milani section, and I saw it: the Amore Matte Creme in Covet.

Covet. COVET, YOU GUYS. COVET.

Do you know how long I've been searching for this lip creme? Long before this God forsaken no buy month started! I have Devotion (seen here) and I have Gorgeous (which I wore, but didn't take a picture of), and I love the ones I have so much that I needed that brown. I needed that brown. I NEEDED THAT FUCKING BROWN.

So I picked it up. And since I had already doomed myself, I went ahead and picked up the CoverGirl TruNaked Goldens palette, too. They had the Nudes but I really wanted the Roses, so I walked away from that one for now. But yeah, I grabbed it. And I bought both of them. And I don't regret it, because if I would've let that damn lip creme pass me by this time, I wouldn't see it again for another three months, and this damn no buy just isn't worth that risk. 

I also finally got my Tarte Rainforest of the Sea palette which is fan-fucking-tastic, and I decided that, since I have so many new palettes to play with to give you guys looks for this month, I would go ahead and do one today, so here!






Can you tell I was feeling this one?

And the eye shot:
And peep the highlight:


Very earthen, very neutral, very glamorous, and this (eye look) is a One Brand Wonder, starring the Tarte Tartlette 2 In Bloom, and the Rainforest of the Sea palettes. The video of this eye look is here, for your viewing pleasure. Moving on to these details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • ...And I forgot to prime my face again.
 Concealer:
  • Mouth, Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: the left, lighter color of the Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator in #12
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Smarty Pants, in the Tarte Tartelette 2 In Bloom Palette
  • Crease: Reef, in the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette, with Activist, in the Tarte Tartelette 2 In Bloom Palette to define the crease further
  • Lid:  
    • Inner Third: Mermaid, in the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette
    • Middle Third: Starfish, in the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette
    • Outer Third: Abyss, in the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette 
    • Inner Corner: Funny Girl, in the Tarte Tartelette 2 In Bloom Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: 
    • Inner:  Funny Girl, in the Tarte Tartelette 2 In Bloom Palette
    • Middle: Reef, in the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette
    • Outer: Abyss, in the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette 
  • Definer/"Liner": Smokeshow, in the Tarte Tartelette 2 In Bloom Palette
Liner: Milani Supreme Kohl Kajal Liner in Blackest Black
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Ruby Kisses All Over Glow Bronzing Powder in Bronze Glow, with Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in So Hollywood right at the top of my cheekbone

BLUSH:
#1 in the Makeup Revolution Sugar and Spice Ultra Blush Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Covet
Lipliner: Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Dark
The Ruby Kisses concealer covers up the dark areas at the corners of my mouth sooo much better than anything I've ever used in the past, so I'm ridiculously and pleasantly surprised at that. I'm still going to continue on with the No Makeup March (-waits for you guys to finish rolling your eyes-) but, like I said, I regret nothing! Haven't you guys ever heard of cheat days?
Alright, see you tomorrow probably!
x Ashlan
SETTING SPRAY: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Setting Spray
LIPS:
Liner: J.Cat Beauty Roll It Up Auto Lip Liner in Red Wine
Lipstick: Hard Candy Velvet Mousse Matte Lip Color in Dahlia

No comments:

Post a Comment