Monday, March 14, 2016

No Makeup March: ABORTED

Nope, I can't do this.

Nope, nope, nope.

I tried, I gave it the good old American try, but this isn't going to work for me. I can't stop buying makeup and I don't want to stop buying makeup, to be honest. I had such a good day yesterday, but today was literally crap from the moment I woke up, and I needed retail therapy, and I wanted makeup, and I got some, and I didn't care anymore. I'm weak, y'all. I'm weak, and makeup is my weakness. Do I need to dial it back a bit? Definitely. But going cold turkey isn't going to work, and I'm not going to try and make it work; you can't fit a square peg into a circle slot, right?

So, I (and a good friend of mine), have decided to make buying less makeup a lifestyle, instead of just not buying makeup (she was worse than I was); we've decided to buy makeup only once a week if there's something we want, and at the end of the month we are allowed to make one online purchase, if there's something we want (and there's always something we want), and we cannot buy makeup in between those days! I think this will work much better for me, to be honest; that way I can appease my obsession with Makeup Revolution, and show you guys a couple of new things every once in a while, while not breaking the bank (or my credit limit) in the process! Sound good? Sounds good to me! Alright, moving on to my face.

I call it the Aubergine Peacock (don't ask).

There, that's it. That's all I have for you. Oh, there's a video, and...eh...I guess this picture too:


But I HATE IT SO MUCH!!! I tried the Maybelline Dream Velvet foundation again with a darker powder (which was a great idea suggeseted to me by probably the only reader of this blog), but this foundation just doesn't take constructive criticism well. I wish it was my color, because I like the finish of it on my face! But it's just not going to happen, and I'm letting it go, but-

Peep that highlight. And that contour. And that blush.  And that LIP, honey; WHY WON'T YOU WORK, FOUNDATION?!
Alright, I digress. Details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fawn; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation in 92 Caramel 
Face Powder: a blend of two Black Radiance Pressed Powders in Golden Cashews and Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows (I tried to keep this look limited to just one palette, with the exception of the transition/crease and the inner corner highlight):
  • Transition: #13, in the E.L.F. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral
  • Crease: #29, in the E.L.F. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral
  • Lid:  
    • Inner Third: Spruce, in the Absolute New York Noir Garden ICON Palette
    • Middle Third: Peacock, in the Absolute New York Noir Garden ICON Palette
    • Outer Third: Indigo, in the Absolute New York Noir Garden ICON Palette
    • Outer V: Aubergine, in the Absolute New York Noir Garden ICON Palette
    • Inner Corner: #11, in the E.L.F. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]:
    • Aubergine, in the Absolute New York Noir Garden ICON Palette
    • Figgy, in the Absolute New York Noir Garden ICON Palette
    • #11, in the E.L.F. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral
Liner:  
  • Wing: Absolute New York Nano Liner
  • Water Line: The Balm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner Pencil in Scott
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with Ruby Kisses Big Lash Mascara
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT (aka the best part):
The Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer Powder in Rock On World, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronze Ultra Blush Palette over top
 
BLUSH:
(a VERY LIGHT dusting of) Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Blush in Toasted Almond

LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Gorgeous
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner in Coffee Bean

I think that, because of the nature of the shadows I used (all of the ICON palettes have a very frosted finish), the lightness of the color payoff makes the eyes look even more fanciful, so that works for me! And it was interesting just using one palette, especially since I got to use several of the colors within said palette, so I think I'm going to try this more often! Alright, let me stop rambling now; thanks for stopping by! I'll see you tomorrow with a regular blog post (I feel so free)!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment