Thursday, February 4, 2016

My recent shopping spree inspired me to try something new.

As you learned in the last post, I bought some new foundation from Bare Minerals, but what I didn't add was that I had bought some of the Make Up For Ever Duo Mat powder foundation in Chocolate, because Sande at TheSocialiteLife convinced me that this was the matte powder that I needed in my life, and so I bought it. I have yet to wear it on a face out in the elements, but having it and knowing what it can do inspired me to put some of the other, less expensive powders that I've bought to work, which brings in the Black Radiance True Complexion Soft Focus Finishing Powder.

Image from Walmart.com; I'll add my own picture later when I get the time

I got the color Creamy Bronze, and the main thing that drew me to this powder was the simple fact that the thing is huge. It's about the size of my palm, and it's only like, six or seven dollars depending on which store you go to. It promises that it will have a matte finish, but it didn't say anything about being long lasting but I didn't think about that when I put it on, so I just said a little prayer to Jesus and went about my day. Let's get into le look:


FACE:
For my T-Zone: Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Super Mattifying Gel
For the Texture on My Cheeks: L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer
Primer: E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer 
Concealer: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Color Corrector
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless in 340 Cappuccino
Under Eye Baking: Ruby Kisses HD Set 'N Forget Invisible Power
Setting Powder: Black Radiance True Complexion Soft Focus Finishing Powder in Creamy Bronze


BROWS:
Brow Filler/Liner (?): L'Oreal Paris Brow Styling Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper

EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
Shadows:
  • Base: #5 in the E.L.F. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Natural
  • Transition: #22 in the E.L.F. All About Nude Limited Edition Palette, with #12 from the same palette over top
  • Crease: #27 in the E.L.F. All About Nude Limited Edition Palette
  • Lid: #7 in the E.L.F. Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Natural
  • Outer V:  #27 in the E.L.F. All About Nude Limited Edition Palette
  • Inner Third: #21 in the E.L.F. All About Nude Limited Edition Palette
  • Lower Lash Line:  Peacock from the Absolute NY Icon Noir Garden Eyeshadow Palette, with ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Coconut over top 
 do you see a pattern? I was trying to stick to just a couple palettes (that weren't Wet 'N Wild)

Liner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Gel Liner in Black, with Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous Felt Tip Liner for the wing
Mascara: Ruby Kisses Big Lashes and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

CONTOUR & HIGHLIGHT:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark


BLUSH:
Milani Baked Blush in Bellissimo Bronze


LIPS:
Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Barely Brown
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner in Coffee Bean


Child I liked my face so much I took a picture with my bonnet still on:


And, my face stayed almost completely oil/shine free for six hours (I stopped checking after that). A part of me thinks the credit goes to the mattifying gel, but the powder surely didn't hurt! If this kind of result keeps coming, I'll have a detail post for y'all every other day.

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment