Thursday, April 7, 2016

The ColourPop Challenge


Hello!

There's nothing really going on for me to report today. Went to class, took my grandmother to the grocery store (groceries for me woot woot), wrote a little bit (I need to be writing now, actually), and fried some chicken. But I didn't want the day to go by without some makeup done! I was scrolling through my makeup folder, looking for a recreation, and I found this:


Picture and look by @thaeyeballqueen

 Here's my rendition of it:





And a comparison shot:



They honestly look nothing alike, but that's okay! I was pleased with the color combination; you would think that there's only so many ways that you can do a damn rainbow look, but you always end up finding one that's different!

As I was picking out palettes and things to use for this look, I found myself going...okay, this ColourPop color...and this one...ooh, and this one...and then I realized that I could probably do this entire look with almost nothing but ColourPop shadows, and that's exactly what I attempted to do, and if any of you know anything about ColourPop, you know that, as beautifully and uniquely textured as those shadows are, they are a pain in the ass to work with. This is why this is called the ColourPop Challenge! Details!



BROWS:
Filler: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Lavish Brown
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #29, in the Morphe 35P Palette, followed by #11, in the same palette
  • Crease: #33, in the Morphe 35P Palette
  • Lid
    • Inner Third: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Get Lucky
    • Transition Between Inner and Outer Thirds: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Game Face
    • Outer Third: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Porter
    • Outer V: #5, in the Morphe 35P Palette
  • Inner Corner: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Puppy Love
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Coconut
    • the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Ibiza
    • the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Empire
    • Greenwich Village, in my Ruby Kisses Luxe Colour Customizable Palette
    • the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Get Lucky
    • the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Puppy Love
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Felt Tip Liner
  • Water Line: L.A. Girl Gel Glide Liner in Very Black
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Intenza Midnight Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
Mission accomplished! It took some brushes, some sponge applicators and my fingers, but I managed to do a look with a majority of ColourPop eyeshadows! Alright, time for me to go write some more; later!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment