Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My Sincerest Apologies

I know, I didn't do a blog post for you guys yesterday, and I've apparently spoiled you rotten with daily shenanigans, so I'm sorry for throwing a monkey wrench in your routine. 

But see, what had happened was, I had to wash my hair, right. Like, the month for my crochet braids was up and it was time to give some serious attention to my head, so makeup had to take a back seat for once! One day, just one day - get off my ass!

Anyway, I'm back. And I had some new makeup to play with, and a new hairstyle to deal with for the week, so I went sifting through my makeup folder again and unearthed this:

Photo and look by @mariahjbarnum

By one of my favorite makeup artists to recreate from, and I was like...I just got some of the new ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadows what would match this, so why not? Here's my recreation





Along with some daylight pictures:





Peep the highlight:





A closeup on the eyes:




 Somewhat of a comparison shot:



And a video! This time posted on Photobucket, so hopefully it'll actually work.

Can you tell I was feeling this one??? Of course, it's not an exact recreation, but I thin I came decently close; at least in the same ballpark, I think. I loved it! And even though you can see all of my fat head with this hairstyle, you can also see all of my highlight, so that's a plus and a minus! Details!


FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee
  • Under Eye: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: ColourPop Brow Pencil in Black 'N Brown
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #8, in the Morphe 35T Palette, followed by #31
  • Crease: #6, in the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1, and #9, in the BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Flower Shop
    • Inner and Outer Thirds: #10, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
    • Outer V: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Coconut
  • Inner Corner: #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Bronze Palette, with the Wet 'N Wild ColorIcon Single Eyeshadow in Brass over top
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #31, in the Morphe 35T Palette
    • with #6, in the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1
    • and #9, in the BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo Palette at the corners
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Carbon Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock On World, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Blush Palette over top
 
BLUSH:
#4, in the E.L.F. Studio Blush Palette in Dark

LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Lip Cream in Covet, with a little of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London in the center
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Coffee Bean
 
I was going to rave some more about the beatness of my face, but I'm getting irritated with trying to sell this last LORAC palette, because everyone hates gold, for some reason. If you're interested in a LORAC palette, let me know! You'll be the only one lol okay I'm going to go buy a sandwich bye!
 
x Ashlan 

No comments:

Post a Comment