Sunday, April 10, 2016

Nudes and Neutrals, Part Deux

Hi.

Today was a long day, y'all. I was blessed with a night off yesterday, but today made up for that and then some. My feet hurt, but I'm full and employed and trying not to complain too much. I said all that to say that I really don't have anything to ramble about and chat with you guys about today. Let's see...I got some hair oil, a liquid lippie and some concealer at the beauty supply...oh, and I came to discuss my beat ass face.

Not really lol but I did put on some makeup today! Makeup that I actually wore out of the house, so I thought I would share it with you, as I usually do. Let's get to it! -clap clap- Queue the face!


 

 Since this shift was longer than usual, it was a makeup-with-glasses kind of day, so here's the look with my specs on.






A closeup on the eyes:





And a video; is there ever not a video?

I was trying to match the vibe of the scarf that you see in the picture, and, other than the fact that I almost walked out of the house with no mascara on (as you can see in the damn video; I literally was about to walk out of the door), I was relatively pleased! Moving on to details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheek
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown
  • Under Eye: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper right under the brow
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Trend, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
  • Crease: #30, in the Morphe 35T Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: Mode, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
    • Outer Third: Tone, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
    • Outer V: #19, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #19, in the Morphe 35P Palette 
    •  #7, in the Morphe 35T Palette
    • #17, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Felt Tip Liner
     
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Carbon Black

CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
#7, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Blush Palette, with #3 over top
 
BLUSH:
#24, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: #14, in the BH Cosmetics Nude Lips Palette, with #7 on the outer perimeter of the lips

I was dying to have a crack at those two BH palettes again, after seeing a little of what they could do yesterday. I'm still obsessed with those blushes (they're literally perfect for me), and I was able to see how the lip colors worked over an extended period of time: very, very comfortable and creamy, and the color lasted for a very good amount of time, considering I didn't reapply anything over the course of almost five hours. I still love it, you guys; they're probbaly the best things I've ever bought from BH, and if you don't get your ass on that website and get them for yourself, I'm officially judging you.

Alright! Going to spend the next four hours or so writing! Have a good night!

x Ashlan


No comments:

Post a Comment