Saturday, April 2, 2016

I...don't really know what to call this post.

I think I've lost my mojo, you guys. I don't have an interesting title; all I have is a beat face and a dream.

I got my BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies palette in the mail today (shoutout to BH for not playing around with that two day shipping), and I must say that I'm impressed with the potential of it. The colors are very neutral, and I immediately singled out a transition color, and was able to incorporate a pop of color on my lower lash line with it, though I did augment the palette with a couple of others (you know how I do). I was worried that I wouldn't like the palette, and I almost didn't order it, but I was sold on the blushes (only one of the two can work for me, though), and I can't say that I regret it! If it wasn't for the PPZ palette, I wouldn't have been able to do this look for work today:







You like? I like...I think.

A closeup on the eyes:


And a video, of course.

I think the only real problem I had with this look was the fact that I did my makeup today with a headscarf on, because I was trying to lay down my edges at the last minute, and I ended up with a distinct line of demarcation that I didn't notice until I was in the car *sigh*. Other than that I'm really happy with the eyes, and the foundation is awesome (I think I got a little too happy with the setting spray, though), but I digress! You don't want to hear me yammer on, you want the details.

FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Cover Girl Queen All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Neutral, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette, followed by #4, in the BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Palette
  • Crease: Afflicted, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: #2, in the BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Palette
    • Outer Third: Getter, followed by Stage, in the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 Palette
    • Outer V: MAC Powder Blush in Apple Red
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #9, in the BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Palette
    • #14, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
Eyeliner: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with Wet 'N Wild Max Volume PlusMascara on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock On World, with the KIKO Water Eyeshadow in #208 over top
BLUSH:
#15, in the BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Devotion
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Coffee Bean

I'm starting to think that the Stay Matte primer is a little too thick/tacky for me, so it adds unnecessary texture to my face; I'll try the foundation out again with my usual E.L.F., but I was only minimally shiny today, and I loved the finish of the foundation as usual. We'll see! I'll be back tomorrow with another look for work. Good night!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment