Saturday, April 9, 2016

Let's talk about m----r f---ing BH Cosmetics

Okay, everybody knows about my love for Makeup Revolution, but there's a second brand that I seem to love just as much, but never rave about like I rave about Makeup Revolution, and I didn't even realize it until today, so let's talk about BH Cosmetics.

I'm gonna be honest with you for a moment - come, sit down, have a s'more - I came this close *snaps fingers* to hating BH Cosmetics.

Okay, wait, don't choke on the s'more, damn. Let me explain.

At the beginning of my quest for the perfect colorful eyeshadow palette (I was really only looking for one really good one to replace my E.L.F. 144 palette, and that's where the obsession began), I came across BH Cosmetics and their 120-eyeshadow palettes, and I thought my prayers had been answered; I ordered the second edition and patted myself on the back for my accomplishment. Then I got the palette in the mail.

The 120 palettes suck, okay. They suck, and anybody on Instagram can tell you that I'm not shy about talking shit about the 120 palettes, because they suck. The pans are tiny, some of the colors are repetitive, and the color payoff isn't worth two pennies; I found a palette at the dollar store with pigmentation just as good, if not better, than the 120 palette. If anyone knows me in real life then they know that, outside of love, it only takes me one fuck-up to never fuck up again; I don't have to be retaught lessons. So when the 120 palette fucked me over, I was done with BH; I was like f--k BH, f--k BH's president, f--k BH's mama, f--k the delivery man, everybody.

And then I discovered the Carli Bybel palette.

Honestly, BH better thank their lucky stars and cut Carli an extra check, because if it hadn't been for the beautiful presentation and packaging of the Carli Bybel palette, I never would've bought another thing from them, and I never would've gotten the chance to really see what BH could do, because the Carli Bybel palette is fan-damn-tastic. The success of that palette led me to get the Missy Lynn palette, then the Foil Eyes palette, then the Pride + Prejudice + Zombies palette, and I was able to really see how awesome the brand is. So, with this knowledge of how great BH Cosmetics is, I didn't hesitate to pre-order the Shaaanxo palette when it dropped, as well as the Take Me To Brazil palette (both of which are on their way), as well as the Blushed Neutrals and Nude Lips palettes.

THEY. ARE. EVERYTHING.

The Nude Lips palette is literally exactly what it says it is. And the beautiful part about it is that it's Black Girl Friendly, meaning that it's not a bunch of lip colors that look dusty rose/mauve/nude in the pan and then straight Bubblelicious pink on brown lips and skin, but actually look dusty rose/mauve/nude! And the shit smells like marshmallows. And the Blushed Neutrals...Jesus...okay let's just say that both palettes are extremely Black Girl Friendly, and I know they're both going to be in my Faves at the end of the month, and I just got them today. 

I'm rambling, I'm rambling.

Anyway, I decided to do a One Brand Wonder today, starring all of the wonderful palettes that I have acquired from BH Cosmetics over the past few months (well, almost all of them; Pride + Prejudice took a back seat today), and this is what I got!





Closeup on the eyes:




These palettes were specifically made for me, I'm convinced. Like, you can't tell me any different; I don't want to hear it - lalalala...


FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Foundation in 340 Caramel
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #3, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Crease: #4, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: #25, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette
    • Inner Third: #3, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette
    • Outer V: #5, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Inner Corner: #8, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #19, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette 
    • #25, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette
    • #7, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Felt Tip Liner
  • Water Line: a mix of L.A. Girl Gel Glide Liner in Metallic Copper, and L.A. Colors Eyeliner Pencil in Gold
     
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Carbon Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
#7, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
BLUSH:
#23, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: #7, in the BH Cosmetics Nude Lips Palette, with #6 in the center of the lips

Okay, before I conclude this, let's also talk about the fact that Revlon has been thoroughly demoted. I used to think that the Whipped creme foundation was the best foundation that there ever was, until I revisited my Cover Girl Queen All Day Flawless, and then I thought that I just had two really great foundations in my arsenal...until I tried the Whipped creme foundation on again today. Yeah, nothing compares to the CG Queen; I didn't like the texture of this foundation on my skin, and it's just not as flawless or warm as my CG Queen is. Here, have a comparison:

Today versus the other day

Do you see the texture? I see the texture, definitely in person, and I don't like it. I had been debating for so long whether or not to chipmunk it and buy second whipped foundation as a backup, and I'm so glad I didn't; now I can dedicate that backup purchase to my CG Queen.

Alright, back to BH. Yes, yes, and yes. Yes, BH. You put your foot in these palettes, seriously

Okay, that's it for today! I have to work tomorrow, so I'll have another look for you then! Probably with glasses on. Later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment