Friday, April 1, 2016

Reunited, and it feels so good.

Heyy.

So, I had to take my grandmother to the bank today, and on my way back to my side of town I randomly decided to go to Walgreens. I'm not quite sure why, to be honest with you; I had nothing that I needed to get exactly (maybe a snack) but other than that it was a pointless trip, but you know I had to browse the makeup wall, and that's when my eyes met the CoverGirl Queen Collection

Okay, I'm no stranger to the CG Queen Collection. Their All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation was the first foundation I ever bought, back when I thought that the paintbrush styled brush was the right one to use just because it said "foundation" on it, and I didn't use primer, and I didn't contour, or really anything besides putting foundation on my face, and it stayed true to me. The color matched, it didn't patch off or anything (though no foundation I use ever really does) and it didn't turn into a gooey mess after sitting outside for ten hours in hot ass Houston in September (I was waiting for a general admission concert; don't judge). Considering how oily my face is, and the fact that I didn't use primer, this foundation is a miracle worker, but, I didn't like it.

You're probably looking at me like...Bitch what? It sounds perfect.

It was! It totally was, but it was that damn brush! I didn't like the application on my face, and I decided that it was the foundation's fault (especially after starting to watch more YouTube videos), so I got rid of it halfway through the bottle. But I saw a video of C Key revisiting her CG Queen foundation (and loving it) and I decided: I, too, have trained enough. I, too, can tackle this challenge with the knowledge I have acquired. And so I bought it. Here it is:

Chocolate on chocolate heyyy

 And then! I got a package in the mail from the awesomest IG bestie that a girl could ever ask for, @turtle_makeup, who got me all of this shit:

Like, really? She's ridiculous.
 
And I had just been given the suggestion of a certain eye look to do by another certain awesome IG buddy by the name of @emglamguru, so it was really like the stars were aligning for me to do something today, so it's recreation time! Here's the look I was given to try:
Photo and look by @denitslava
 
And here's my rendition of it!




 If you can't tell, I'm really happy with the end result.

 
 

And a closeup on the eyes:




 
And a comparison shot!



 
Obviously, it's not an exact replica, and to be honest with you I had planned for it to be, but I knew that it wasn't going to be the same as soon as I applied the yellow (which is more neon) to my lids. I stressed a little bit and then just decided to finesse it; it's always better when you're able to put your own creativity in a look, right? DETAILS!

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Basic Transition: Sand Dune, in the Makeup Revolution Beyond Flawless Palette
  • Crease: Brunette, in the Makeup Revolution Beyond Flawless Palette
  • Lid
    • Inner Half: Bamm!, in the Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes V1 Brights Palette, with #26, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette over top
    • Outer Half: Pout, in the Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes V1 Brights Palette
    • Definer: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Lace 
    • Inner Corner: Pow!, in the Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes V1 Brights Palette, with the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Chiffon over top
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner, with a second line of Wet 'N Wild Megaliner Liquid Eyeliner in Electric Purple on top
  • Water Line: Nicka K Auto Eye Pencil in Royal Purple
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with Wet 'N Wild on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Sexy Lashes Mascara on the bottom lashes
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut-
 
 
CALM DOWN! Yes, I know, I never, ever, ever in life stray from my beloved contour palette for contouring, but I wanted a lighter contour this time! This is a summer-spring kind of look; my cheeks don't need to be that damn cut! It'll be back!
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock On World, with #4, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Ultra Blush Palette over top
 
BLUSH:
The blush pan in the E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzer Palette in Fiji Matte (which was ashy as hell on my face and will be thrown out after this, and probably included in my F#&k No's for the month)

LIPS:
Lip Color: Ruby Kisses Creamlicious Triple Butter Matte Cream in Berry In Love
 
Summary! The foundation is everything, the blush sucked, I had forgotten how much I loved those lip creams, and I'm actually really pleased with this look overall! Again, I'm SO happy about the foundation; my face looks so smooth and high end, I can't stand it. Thanks again to EmGlamGuru for the suggestion, and I'm always open for more! Later!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment