Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I did a look!

All I wanted to do when I got home from work was write, but when I got here, the vanity was calling out to me, as it usually does, and I decided to answer! I had a look in mind to do, anyway, which wasn't a request this time, but was still inspired by a requester, which is this lovely lady right here:

Photo and look by @emglamguru

When I saw it, I absolutely had to give it a shot no matter what (because LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS!!!), and tonight was the night that I did! Here's my rendition of it!
And a comparison shot:






I couldn't exactly get the colors to show up as vibrantly without packing it on ridiculously, because as you can see I'm a little browner than my friend is, but I'm pleased with it overall! I was a little irked by my wing, but I guess you can't win them all, right? And my mascara really came through this time! I can't complain!

So, about these details!

BROWS:
Filler: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Lavish Brown
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Trend, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette 
  • Crease: #5, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: Sunset Hour, in the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette
    • Inner Third: #2, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
    • Outer Third: Tone, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
    • Outer V: #8, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette, and Lonely Planet, in the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette
  • Inner Corner: Style in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #8, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette 
    • #7, in the Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette
    • Style, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Top Lid/Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
  • Water Line: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Blue Devine, and then the Nicka K New York Auto Eye Pencil in Devine at the outer corners
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Intenza Midnight Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes

My opinion on the Fortune Favours The Brave palette still stands! The shimmers in that palette are phenomenal, and it's still worth the purchase, even though I have to find ways to use it - when I do, I'm never disappointed! Thanks to Emily for giving me an easy inspiration, which only made the look more pleasing upon finishing! I'll see you guys later, maybe tomorrow? We'll see!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment