Friday, April 8, 2016

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.

...I think that's how it goes.

Okay, show of hands: how many of us have read/seen the Hunger Games books/movies? I got on the bandwagon a little late (I didn't even realize that there were books until the first movie showed up), but I've read and seen everything. If you have as well (or have at least seen the movies), then you know a little something about the Capitol, and you know a little something about the Capitol's fashion sense.

The Capitol is a hot ass mess.

It's like old school Nicki Minaj, George Clinton and the Jetsons rolled into one, if you can imagine that. Everything is colorful, asymmetrical and oddly shaped, and just about nothing matches. That included the tributes for the Hunger Games; well, except for District 12, of course; Cinna wasn't going to let it go down like that, and I wouldn't either. I mean, you're already going to your death, hypothetically speaking; I'm going to need you to not look like Boo Boo the Fool whilst you do it.

Anyway, when I started playing around with makeup today, making use of the new Ruby Kisses Customizable palette I put together (Firefox keeps telling me that Customizable isn't a word, but we're just going to roll with it; y'all know what I mean), and when I finished the look, the first thing I thought of was that damn Capitol. But not, you know, the hot ass mess half; I mean the Cinna-Portia-Katniss-Peeta corner of the Capitol, where things matched and actually looked good. 



Can't you hear the anthem playing? Doesn't it give you the willies? Those people in the Capitol needed help. Anyway, here's what I used!

BROWS:
Filler: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Lavish Brown
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #3, in the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1, followed by #5, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Crease: #6, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Lid (Gradient from outer corners to the center of the lid, on both sides):
    • Midnight Howling, in my Ruby Kisses Luxe Colour Customizable Palette
    • #13, in the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette
    • Tropical Paradise, in my Ruby Kisses Luxe Colour Customizable Palette, with a little bit of Ice Cloud, in the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette over top
  • Inner Corner: the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Chiffon, with a little it of Ice Cloud, in the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette over top
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Copper
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Gold
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Chiffon
Eyeliner:  
  • Water Line:  Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Blue Devine
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Intenza Midnight Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
 
Alright, there you have it! The first original look that I've done in about a week or so, I think. I'm really feeling these RK eyeshadows, and considering the price (FIFTY NINE CENTS EACH) I think they're phenomenal. Okay, that's it! It's pretty early in the evening, so I'm going to make the most of it and write my butt off! Later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment