Sunday, April 3, 2016

#IfItAin'tBrokeDon'tFixIt

I've been saying that a lot, lately, mainly because I keep trying things, and they keep directing me right back to the tried and true.

I tried a matte primer, because I thought my usual primer wasn't working, and ended up with a textured face after a few hours.

I tried some new mascaras, and while one did work wonders for my bottom lashes, I ended up with lackluster lashes, and went right back to where I started, and I learned some lessons. Your face might not be as matte as you want it to, but that's what powder is for, and you could always have a sheet of sandpaper for a face, so it could be worse. Also, even thought your mascara is expensive as hell for a drugstore product, it's expensive as hell for a reason, and that's why you paid the expensive as hell price in the first place. Pick your battles, people; that's all I'm saying.

Okay! Moving on to today's face!


 
I feel like this is as good of a time as ever to day "ta-da"

And Ye Olde Closeup on the eyes:


There's no video today, because I was running late...as per usual.

I was obsessed with this look when I took the pictures; I don't ever think I've had pictures come out like these did - I felt like a legit beauty blogger, if that makes sense. You know, one with an actual camera...and an education in makeup artistry. But I'm just me, smearing stuff on my face. Here's what I smeared!

FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks and nose
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Cover Girl Queen All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Burnt and Rust, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • (Outer V) Crease: #12, in the Morphe 35P Palette
  • Lid
    • Overall: #24, in the Morphe 35T Palette
    • Outer Third: #20, in the Morphe 35P Palette
    • Inner Third: #12, in the Morphe 35T Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from darkest [outer corner] to lightest [inner corner]):
    • #20, in the Morphe 35P Palette
    • #7, in the Morphe 35T Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
  • Water Line: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Seagreen (why? I don't know)
     
Mascara: Base coat of Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Carbon Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock On World, with #3, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Bronze Palette over top
 
BLUSH:
L.A. Colors Mineral Blush in Spiced Rum

LIPS:
Lipstick: ColourPop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick in TooLips 
 
I had originally planned to take a more colorful route (maybe some orange...that's probably why I stuck that green eyeliner in there, out of spite), but the shirt spoke for itself, and I decided that I hadn't been giving my Morphe palettes enough love, so I had to pay a visit, since I've been revisiting all of my throwbacks these days. I love it; I hope you guys do, too! Alright, tomorrow's Monday, so there's no guarantee that I'll have a look for you, but I'll see what I can do! Later!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment