Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I'm convinced that y'all hate me.

I really think that, really. I mean, why else would you go flipping through Instagram posts, come across something that is extraordinarily difficult, and immediately think, "Yeah, this is something I want Ashlan to do"? The only explanation is that you hate me, and you want me to stop doing makeup, so I can stop talking and sell all of my stuff on the low-low.

If you haven't guessed it, I got another request.

Well, not technically a request. She didn't ask me to do it; she simply challenged me by saying she could see me doing the look, and my dumb ass took her up on that unspoken challenge, which brings us here, to the look in question:

Photo and look by @pop_of_colour
Really, Reinna? Really? A cut crease? And not just any cut crease, a cut crease with layers and nooks and crannies and secrets and shit. Really? Do you know how hard it is to do a basic ass cut crease on lids a hooded as mine are?! She hates me. She hates me, and so do you, reader, because you're enjoying this. You enjoy my pain.

Here's my little crappy rendition:





And a video. And a comparison shot:


It looks nothing like hers. Nothing. Hers came out looking like some kind of makeup artist goddess, and I look like I'm going to war. But you asked for it, and here it is, so here are the details...if I can explain them right.

BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: I Heart Makeup Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Browbone (?): #5 and #9, in the Morphe 12NB Palette
  • Cut Crease Gradient (mapped out by the Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Coffee Bean):
    • #12, in the Morphe 12NB Palette
    • #7, in the Morphe 12NB Palette
  • Space Between Lid and Cut Crease (lmao this is bad): #3, in the Morphe 12NB Palette
  • Lid:
    • #25, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette, with Vogue, in the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette over top
  • Lower Lash Line: #12, in the Morphe 12NB Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: MUA Professional Dual Ended Cat Eye Liner in Midnight Black
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Liner
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Intenza Midnight Black
I'm tired of y'all. I'm not any of y'all's friends anymore, I hope you know that. Most importantly I'm not friends with myself for taking on this challenge in the first place. I'll see you later, though; I'll see you later.
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment