Monday, April 4, 2016

Overdrafts and Broken iPod Screens

Today should've been a sucky day. For all intents and purposes, I should be highly upset. I dropped my iPod at work today and turned it into a shattered mess, and my credit card decided to take my payment late as hell, which resulted in me overdrafting (like I said before, this was not my big check lol I'm a poor college student). But I have a warranty on the iPod, and I can only blame myself for the overdrafting (if I hadn't have gone apeshit at the drugstore and beauty supply on Friday, I wouldn't have overdrafted in the first place!), so I'm really not all that upset! There are more important things to be concerned with, like...makeup!

I was just going to do a recreation today; just pick something out of my folder and do an eyes only post, because I'm kinda used to blogging by now (which is really shocking to me, because I've never been able to keep up with a journal, let alone a blog) and I wanted to post something, that's until I went on Instagram today and saw this, by another of my IG besties:

Look and post by the fabulous @louloulovesbeauty, who is eternally serving looks, honey.

Look at that! Look at that shit! Is that not the most amazing blending you've ever seen in your life?? It literally looks like the ocean! And she had the nerve to say it didn't look tropical; I almost cussed her out!
Anyway, her attempt at color, and tropical vibes, and the fact that she called my ass out as inspiration on the Instagram post, drove me to the conclusion that I couldn't let this day go by without attempting to show people exactly why she gave me a shout out in the first place. She said she had some yellow/green/blue in mind when she started (and clearly Ms. Purple had some feelings about that), so I thought that I would attempt to salvage some of the idea that she had, and put a little BSB spin on it; at least, I think it's a spin - I had no idea of what she really had in mind in the first place. Anyway, I digress; here's my look:

Ta-damn-da!

This was a challenge and a half, honey! But it was so much fun to do! And, of course, it took a few products to execute, which always makes it that much better! Okay, okay, details! 

Oh, shit, the video. Okay, now the details!



BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Rust, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette, with #4, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette closer to the crease
  • (Crease: #5, in the BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette
  • Lid (Gradient from lightest [inner corner] to darkest [outer corner])
    •  #19, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette
    • Golden Radiance, in my Ruby Kisses Luxe Colour Customizable Palette
    • Greenwich Village, in my Ruby Kisses Luxe Colour Customizable Palette
    • the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Ibiza
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Teal
    • the ColourPop SuperShock Eyeshadow in Etiquette
Eyeliner:  
  • Top Lid/Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
  • Water Line: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Tantalizing Teal, and then Blue Devine at the outer corners
     


This was an eyes only look, because I'm lazy! Anyway, like I said, this was such a fun look to do, and so ridiculously affordable that I want to slap somebody; the RK shadows weren't even a dollar, you guys. No palette that I used today was even $15, so hopefully you get a chance to recreate it yourself, if you're interested! Anyway, thanks again to my IG bestie Louloulovesbeauty, and I'll see y'all later; it's time to make some Hamburger Helper. Later!

xAshlan

No comments:

Post a Comment