Thursday, April 14, 2016

If you ever, even for a second, thought that I was a professional...

This is the post to prove otherwise.

Hello, people. This is just me, coming to you with another unplanned post. I've been on a writing spree as of late, and so my blog posts have been lacking because of it, but it was requested of me by She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named to do a look and a blog post. She had no specific requests, outside of a certain color; she just wanted something to read, and what did I do? I put my pen and notebook down, and I started smearing shit on my face.

That's just the kind of gal I am.

Plus I had been kind of itching to get my hands dirty with this bad boy right here:

Behold, the 35D.

I have never been a very lucky person, but somehow Jesus was smiling down on me and I managed to win a giveaway, the prize of which being any Morphe palette of my choosing, so long as it is in stock (because everybody and their mama knows that the damn 35O is never in stock). I had already ordered two of the 12 pan palettes, and my sights were set on the 35D palette to buy next, and I didn't have to! So thanks again to @espoirdeamour for her giveaway, and for somehow choosing me to win it! Hopefully I will not let you down.
Which brings me to the look of the day.






So clearly I went apeshit with this palette and a slew of other colors, and in the least professional way, I think. It feels a little bit messy, but I like the color combination, and since I never went to school for this (nor do I plan to), I can't really complain! Here are some details for you.

BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #3, in the E.L.F. Mad For Matte Palette
  • Crease: #4, in the Morphe 35D Palette, with #21 in the same palette over top
  • Lid (Gradient from outer corners to the center of the lid, on both sides):
    • #10, in the Morphe 35D Palette
    • #9, in the Morphe 35D Palette
    • #12, in the Morphe 35D Palette
    • #31, in the Morphe 35D Palette
  • Inner Corner: #1, in the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes Palette, with the Wet 'N Wild ColorIcon Single Eyeshadow in Spiked over top
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from outer corner to inner corner):
    • #6, in the Morphe 35D Palette, with the Wet 'N Wild ColorIcon Single Eyeshadow in Binge over top
    • #6, in the E.L.F. Sunset Prism Palette
    • #1, in the Morphe 35D Palette
    • the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Gold
Eyeliner: NYC Big Bold & Precise Liner in Black
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Millions Lashes Carbon Black
As much of a mess as I feel this is, I like this mess! It was fun to play around with the daring colors in the 35D palette, and to mix some concepts together in the same look, and I enjoyed the challenge. I hope you enjoyed reading about it! Alright now I'm gonna try to make some shrimp alfredo and write some more; wish me luck!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment