Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Hello!

It's been a little while, if anyone has noticed; you can blame it on my infernal laziness. 

I've been spending my days buying makeup, getting packages (of makeup) in the mail, and trying to find the best foundation for my face. I had been trying to find one of those foundations that makes your face looked photoshopped like the beauty gurus on Instagram and YouTube, and after watching several reviews I had decided to try the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I loved that there were so many shades to choose from, and I found my exact shade - in regular light, and on one patch of my face. When I got home to put it on I was left with this:

Ew.

It was drying, it was patchy and, as you can see, it looked like a mask on my face under flash photography. Considering the fact that I dragged myself into Dillards and forked out $41.14 for this foundation, I was not pleased. I was also pissed that it didn't work for me, when everyone else rants and raves about it. I gave up on the notion that I could wear any kind of full coverage type of matte foundation and decided to stick to what would probably be a better fit; enter the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Foundation.

I bought two, 'cause I'm a chipmunk. I also bought a small They're Real! mascara from Benefit Cosmetics, because I was dying to try it.

 I got matched to the color Warm Tan, and it's a very good match for my face. I took the time to apply it and feel it out:


Better, right?

It gives a very natural, but somehow matte, finish, like dry (in a good way) skin, and I liked it a lot. I didn't have a problem applying it over my concealer and the other products I applied to my face (which will be discussed further down below), and it was extremely comfortable. It's not full coverage or whatever (it could be, if I added enough, I suppose), and it lets some of my scars and discoloration come through a little, but I like that. It fits me, I think; that's the kind of makeup I'm cut out for.
Which brings us to the Beat Session:



Not bad, right? It fits, don't you think? Let's get into these details.

FACE:
Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Super Mattifying Gel (for my T-Zone)
L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer (for the texture on my cheeks)
Primer: E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer
Concealer: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
Foundation: Bare Minerals Original Foundation SPF 15 in Warm Tan

BROWS:
L'Oreal Paris Brow Styling Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow and Copper

EYES:
Primer: Ruby Kisses 24 Hour Eyeshadow Magic
Shadows:
  • Base: #7 in the Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Palette in Bare Necessitie
  • Transition: #9 in the Wet 'N Wild Studio Eyeshadow Palette in Coming in Latt
  • Crease: Unclad in the Ruby Kisses Better Naked Eyeshadow Palette
  • Lid: #4 in the Wet 'N Wild Studio Eyeshadow Palette in Coming in Latte; ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in KathleenLights over top
  • Outer V: #12 in the L.A. Girl Beauty Brick in Ultra
  • Inner Third: #1 and #3 in the Wet 'N Wild Studio Eyeshadow Palette in Coming in Latte
Liner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Gel Liner in Black; Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous Felt Tip Liner (for the wing)
Mascara: Benefit They're Real! Mascara; L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark

BLUSH:
Milani Baked Blush in Bellissimo Bronze

HIGHLIGHT:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in So Hollywood


Using the Perfecting Base really made my cheeks smoother, which made my highlight that much prettier, and I'm absolutely adoring the progress that my makeup is making. I'll try to be more consistent with this stuff, so stay tuned!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment