Thursday, February 4, 2016

I got bored, and started playing in some makeup

And I have a folder of eye looks that I collect from Tumblr and Instagram and save to use, and so I did so this time! Behold, the look I was trying to recreate.

Photo and makeup credit to @trendyyusufi on Instagram


She calls it an Arabian look, which I didn't see until recently (I've had the screenshot for, like, a week), and I love it. I feel like it's a nice subtle transition into spring  with the turquoise on the lower lash line, as opposed to the blatant BLUE look that I was considering to do at first. Here's my pale black girl rendition of the look:



-weak fanfare-
 
Sigh. I could not, for the life of me, get the lighting right for this picture, and I'm only working with the camera on my phone, so this was the best that I could do. It looked so much better in person; you'll have to take my word for it. But I'm pleased with myself, because black eyeshadow is a really hard color to work with, to avoid looking like a panda bear, or Kris Jenner, but I digress. Let's get into these details.
FACE:
For the Texture on My Cheeks: L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base Primer
Concealer: L.A. Girl Color Corrector and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn around my mouth; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow on my nose and under my eyes
Foundation: L'Oreal Paris Lumi Foundation in C6 Soft Sable
Setting Powder: Ruby Kisses HD Set 'N Forget Invisible Setting Powder under my eyes; Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation in 218 on my face
 
BROWS:
Brow: Milani Easy Brow Mechanical Pencil in Dark Brown
Browbone: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper

EYES:
Primer: Ruby Kisses 24 Hour Eyeshadow Magic
Setting Shadow: the Sculpt Powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Browbone: #40 in the BH Cosmetics Second Edition 120 Eyeshadow Palette, Tray 2
  • Transition: #4 in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2 Palette
  • Crease/Smoky: #10 in the Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette in Nude Awakening
  • Lid: #30 in the BH Cosmetics Second Edition 120 Eyeshadow Palette, Tray 1; ColourPop SuperShock Eyeshadow in Game Face over top, with Amaze over that
  • Lower Lash Line: #15 in the BH Cosmetics Second Edition Eyeshadow Palette, Tray 1, with ColourPop SuperShock Eyeshadow in Empire over top for the inner half; #41 in Tray 2 of the same palette, with #58 in Tray 1 over top for the outer half
Liner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Gel Liner in Black on the upper lash line; Maybelline Master Kajal Liner and the Black Radiance Ultra Rich Retractable Eye Pencil in Beautiful on the lower lash line
Mascara: Benefit They're Real! Mascara

CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark

BLUSH:
#1 in the E.L.F. Studio Blush Palette in Dark

HIGHLIGHT:
Ruby Kisses All Over Glow Bronzing Powder in Deep Glow

LIPS:
Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Barely Brown


I tried to do the entire face in the most affordable way possible, and I think that it came out nice. I'm a little disappointed in the BH Cosmetics palette; I see so many people on YouTube and Instagram using their products and I thought they would be so much more pigmented, but they kind of weren't. Anyway, I still love it.

Aaaannnnd it's time for bed. Later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment