Monday, January 25, 2016

So, I got a new vanity area.

And I am absolutely freaking in love with it.


I went ahead and got a desk and a "media storage unit" (a bookcase, to me) for my room, so that I wouldn't spend an hour leaning over the bathroom sink trying to apply makeup without glasses on. I originally had a small table mirror from Walmart there, but it was tiny, and low to the table, and just a hot mess, so I bit the bullet and went and got myself a legit vanity mirror (best money I've ever spent) and I ADORE THIS AREA. So, to commemorate my purchases, I went ahead and put my haul to use! Behold:



Ee!

A new vanity mirror means sassier photos for this blog that nobody reads, but I'm incredibly excited about it, so let's go ahead and get into the details.

FACE:
Primer: None, this time; this was just a quick face 'cause I was bored.
Foundation: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation in Cool Sable (applied with the E.L.F. Powder Brush)
Under Eye and Dark Spot Concealer: a mix of LA Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn, and Nicka K HD Concealer in Dark Chocolate (which I'm surprised worked so well); (applied haphazardly with the E.L.F. Foundation Brush)
Setting Powder (for Concealer): Ruby Kisses HD Set 'n Forget Setting Powder in Invisible (applied with brush that comes with the CoverGirl Cheeker/Bronzer powders)
(Very Mild) Contour: Nicka K HD Concealer in Dark Chocolate (applied with le fingers)

BROWS:
Filler: Wet 'N Wild Coloricon Brow Pencil in Brunettes Do It Better
Browbone Highlight: LA Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn (applied with a brush...that I have lost. It was E.L.F., and now I desperately need another one)
I'm gonna get my eyebrows done one day, you guys, I promise.

EYES:
Primer: Ruby Kisses 24 Hour Eyeshadow Magic
Shadows (See Palette Key for number references)
  • Base: Dreamer from the Tarte Tartelette
  • Transition: #31 in the E.L.F. All About Nude Limited Edition Palette
  • Crease: Bombshell from the Tarte Tartelette
  • Lid: Uncensored, from the LORAC Unzipped Palette
  • Outer V: Untamed, from the LORAC Unzipped Palette, and Black Market, from the Urban Decay Smoky Palette, as a definer/guide for my eyeliner
  • Inner Third: Free Spirit, from the Tarte Tartelette, with High, from the Urban Decay Smoky Palette over top
  • Inner Corner: Free Spirit, from the Tarte Tartelette (I think), with the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Fringe over top
  • Lower Lid: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Lace
 Clearly, I love using eyeshadows. That's why I buy so many.

Liner: Absolute New York Eye Expert Nano Liner on the top lid, Black Radiance Eye Appeal Ultra Rich Retractable Eye Pencil in Beautiful in the water line
Mascara: A combo of the L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes and the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascaras

BLUSH:
Milani Baked Blush in Bellissimo Bronze

HIGHLIGHT:
Ruby Kisses All Over Glow Bronzing Powder in Deep Glow

LIPS:
Lipstick: L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Spice
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Lavish Brown
 
I had so much fun and it was so much easier sitting at a table with a big ass mirror and a light and everything and it's great. Makeup is just great.

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment