Monday, February 22, 2016

Everyday Makeup?

Hey, y'all.

Okay, so I don't wear makeup every day; I'm entirely too lazy for that, and I manage my time so that I have just enough time to get ready and get out of the door with pants on. But, on the days where I'm not going to my weekend job and want to do a little something, I don't paint an entirely new face on like you've seen in these previous posts; I like to enhance what's already there, not change it, I guess you could say. And today was one of those days: I had a little extra time between work and class, so I decided to beat my face just a little.


Just a smidge.

I thought somebody might be interested in a look of mine that doesn't involve seventeen brushes and a jackhammer, so here we go with the details!

FACE:
Primer: Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
Foundation: Bare Minerals Original Broad Spectrum Foundation in Warm Tan 

BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
(A very light) Browbone Highlight: Naked, in the Urban Decay Naked Palette

EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: #5 in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1
Shadows (another One Palette Wonder!):
  • Transition (which I'm really bad at): #6 in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1
  • Crease: #8 in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1
  • Lid: #7 in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1
  • Inner Corner: #4 in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1
 Mascara: Ruby Kisses Big Lash Mascara

CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
#2 in the E.L.F. Studio Bronzer Palette in Bronze Beauty
BLUSH:
#2 in the Santee Cosmetics Mineral Blush & Bronzer Palette

*I like to set this kind of face with a spray, because there are so many powders going on and literally no liquid, so I set this with the new Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Setting Spray.
LIPS:
Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Barely Brown
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Dark

See how easy that was? I thin that literally took me ten minutes to type, and probably twenty or twenty-five minutes to actually apply to my face. Nothing to it but to do it, right? I like this because it looks like an enhanced rendition of my face, and it's very comfortable to wear on a daily basis, or a lazy day basis. The extras (eyes, lips, cheeks, etc) have a tendency to vary, depending on what I'm feeling like that day, but the base of the look usually stays the same, and definitely stays simple.
Alright! It's late as hell and I have class in the morning (since I have to leave earlier, and won't be getting home until after nightfall, I can almost guarantee you that there will not be a face), so I'll see y'all on the flipside! Good night ^_^

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment