Thursday, February 18, 2016

Retail Therapy Rectified

Hi, you guys.

So, I tried to give myself some retail therapy and broke off my self proposed no buy week by taking myself to Walgreens, to see what they had up in there. I ended up buying Eucalyptus Mint shampoo and Argan Oil of Morocco conditioner by OGX (I still call them Organix), as well as the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation in 120 Caramel. I figured it would be a good match, since Honey Beige was too light and Cocoa was too dark, and technically I wasn't wrong. The color was on the same wavelength as my skin, but it was entirely too red for me, which made it look like mud on my face. Since I was already irritated about the fact that the girl at the counter wouldn't trade my Milani Foundation (which apparently isn't good for oilier skin types like mine) for a store credit, I was determined to take my butt back to Walgreens first thing in the morning and trade that shit in for something I could actually use, and so I did, and ended up getting this:


Bam! I bought all Black Radiance everything today: a second True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark, a second Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews, and an Artisan Color Baked Blush in Toasted Almond; when I like something I like to have at least two of things that I like in my possession, in case I'm unable to find it again, or it gets discontinued, etc - I'm a chipmunk, I know. Also, while I was at school today I was thinking about the flashback that I get from the finishing powder that I use (the Ruby Kisses HD Set 'N Forget), which sparked a fiery determination not to return home until I found one that wouldn't do that, which took me through Hell, high water and traffic to get to Walmart, where I bought the Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light. I don't have a picture of it, because I forgot to take one, but yeah, I bought that, along with the Milani Supreme Kajal eyeliner in Blackest Black. I should hope that these purchases would lead you to see where this is going; I got to playing in some makeup.

 Bam.

I was trying to do a look around the other NYX Lingerie liquid lip that I got (Exotic), but because it was just too pink for my liking by itself, I ended up adding a second color to it, and the Exotic just got lost in translation, so I can't even count it like that. It turned out just a little too pink for my taste, but I still think it was pretty nice, plus...
None of that splotchy, ugly setting powder flashback! (I mean it looks pale in this picture but it was just this picture) Come through, Black Opal! Also, this face is completely drugstore/beauty supply, and this eyeshadow look is a One Brand Wonder! (not one palette, but all from one brand!)

So, about them details:

FACE:
Primer: L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
Concealer: L.A. Girl HD Pro Yellow Corrector and Nicka K HD Concealer in Fallow on the corners of my mouth; Nicka K HD Concealer in Fallow on my nose, the pimple on my chin and the uneven skin tone on my cheeks
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light (hey, now)

BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K HD Concealer in Copper

EYES:
Primer: Ruby Kisses 24 Hour Eyeshadow Magic
Base: the Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #4 in the L.A. Girl Nudes Beauty Brick
  • Crease: #9 in the L.A. Girl Smoky Beauty Brick
  • Lid: #11 in the L.A. Girl Ultra Beauty Brick
  • Outer V: #9 in the L.A. Girl Ultra Beauty Brick
  • Inner Corner: #7 in the L.A. Girl Nudes Beauty Brick
This is my idea of keeping my eyeshadow simple
 
Liner: Milani Supreme Kajal eyeliner in Blackest Black
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes, enhanced with the Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers

CONTOUR AND HIGHLIGHT:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
BLUSH:
Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Blush in Toasted Almond (which is super, super, UBER pigmented, and I'm not a big blush girl, so I literally only used a dollop of Daisy, you feel me?)
LIPS:
Lipstick: NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Exotic, with NYC Lipstick in Mahogany over top

I feel like I'm making progress with this makeup thing! I mean I'll never be a damn NikkieTutorials, but I can show my face in public without feeling like I look like a clown! Baby steps, right?

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment