Saturday, February 27, 2016

Let's talk about primers.

There was a point in time, back when all I had was a 144-color eyeshadow palette from E.L.F. and a couple dirty sponge applicators, that I didn't use primers. I haven't been using them for very long, but the one I had was some crusty E.L.F. primer that I had had for years, and whose effectiveness I had never really paid attention to (it wasn't good). But now, being the obsessed aspiring beauty guru that I have become, I've tried out a few primers, from the pricier items, the cult classics, and some that I just grabbed from my local beauty supply. However, just recently I have truly discovered the beauty and quality of Wet 'N Wild products, and I have fallen in love with their eyeshadows, lip colors, blushes, bronzers - you name it, I've tried and loved. So when I saw that they had an eyeshadow primer, I was dying to try it, which brings me to this review.

Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer


The Wet 'N Wild website boasts that this primer "preps" and "brightens eyelids to lockdown eyeshadow color all day", and "features smooth, effortless application that dries to a clear finish and keeps eyes makeup in place". I've worn it in the past but not long enough to really test its staying power, but today I had a 5.5 hour shift to work at my second job, and I figured it was the perfect time to try out this product, and see just how well it holds up. Below are pictures of my eye when I applied my shadow at about 3pm this afternoon (left), along with pictures of my eye at about 9:30pm, after a long shift of BS (right).

Bruh.

When I tell you that my eyeshadow stayed? Like, it didn't fade, it didn't transfer, it stayed sparkly, all of my blending stayed in the same place that I applied it before. Everything was perfect, and didn't look anywhere near going bad any time soon. It honestly stayed better than it did when I used the LORAC Behind the Scenes primer, which is about $16 more expensive than the Wet 'N Wild. Of course, I'll still use my LORAC samples until I run out of them, but this will be my one and only primer when I get to it, hands down. Wet 'N Wild does it again for me, man; they never cease to amaze me.

Now, about my face.


I was really itching to do a look based around the third lip color of this set I did (also Wet 'N Wild, turn up), so this is what I came up with on some self imposed short notice, and I loved it (the eye color in particular). Let's get into these details.

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Yellow Corrector; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Nose, Chin and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow
  • Under Eye: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Fallow; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 340 Caramel
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Trend, in the Makeup Revoution New-trals vs Neutrals Palette
  • Crease: #9, in the Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Nude Awakenings Palette
  • Lid: #9, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette
  • Outer V: #9, in the Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Nude Awakenings Palette
  • Smoked Out Definer: #10, in the Wet 'N Wild Au Naturel Nude Awakenings Palette
  • Inner Third: #7, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara, enhanced with Milani Length In Seconds Lash Extension Fibers
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
 Wet 'N Wild To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Sand-gria Castle
BLUSH:
#4 in the E.L.F. Studio Blush Palette in Dark
LIPS:
Lipstick: Wet 'N Wild Velvet Matte Lip Color in Hickory Smoked
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Nude Dark
 
This was a Wet 'N Wild kind of day, and I absolutely loved it. I have never been more excited to use eyeshadow primer in my life. Alright, I guess that's it! Good night, you guys; see you in the next one!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment