Wednesday, February 17, 2016

So, today was a bad day.

A really, really, really bad day. Like, it was bad from the moment I woke up, and it only got worse from there. The best way that I could think of to remedy that even a little bit was to play in makeup, so...here I am!

That looks good, right? Too good, doesn't it? Let's bring it in a little closer.





There we go; that's more like it.

This was just something that I wanted to play around with, revolving around the new NYX Lingerie liquid lipsticks that I finally (finally) got my hands on this week; I bought Exotic, Beauty Mark, and Embellishment (which was an utter fail). I used Beauty Mark for this look, which was supposed to be a kind of fanciful smoky eye. My eyebrows haven't been trimmed up or anything in forever and a day so they look like crap; I also forgot to use my damn Magic Perfecting Base primer from L'Oreal Paris (out of sight, out of mind), so my cheeks like like cheese graters, but try to ignore that if you like this look. Also, this is a look completely done with drugstore and beauty supply So, about them details!

FACE:
Concealer: L.A. Girl HD Pro Yellow Corrector and Nicka K HD Concealer in Fallow around the mouth, with Fallow on my nose, the skin tone unevenness on the tops of my cheeks, and under my eyes; L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn under my eyes
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Caramel
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Under the Eye Setting Powder (which I really need to change): Ruby Kisses HD Set 'n Forget Invisible Powder

BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette
Browbone: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K HD Concealer in Copper

EYES: 
Primer: Ruby Kisses 24 Hour Eyeshadow Magic
Base: the Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #8 in the Maybelline The Nudes Palette
  • Crease: #8 in the Wet 'N Wild Color Icon Comfort Zone Palette
  • Lid: #10 in the Maybelline The Nudes Palette
  • Outer V: #10 in the Makeup Revolution Mattes Palette
  • Inner Third: Dazzling from Ruby Kisses Big 'N Beautiful Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: #8 in the Wet 'N Wild Color Icon Comfort Zone Palette, with Dazzling from Ruby Kisses Big 'N Beautiful in the inner corner and #10 in the Makeup Revolution Mattes on the outer
Liner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Gel Liner in Black on the top lid; L.A. Girl Glide Gel Liner on the water line
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Midnight Black Mascara, enhanced with Milani Lash in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers

CONTOUR AND HIGHLIGHT:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
BLUSH:
#4 in the E.L.F. Studio Blush Palette in Dark
LIPS:
Lipstick: NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Beauty Mark
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner in Coffee Bean


This liquid lipstick automatically gives you that kind of Kylie Jenner (ugh) mouth, which I kind of like because of the sex appeal, but at the same time I don't, because I don't like Kylie Jenner. But all in all I enjoyed doing this face, and I'm proud that I accomplished it with products all under $10. I guess that's it for now! My night was better than my day, and I'm ready to take on the next one.

x Ashlan


No comments:

Post a Comment