Thursday, May 12, 2016

Hello, Summer

I just took my last final of the semester, which means I am DONE for the year! No school, no long ass, hot ass commutes across town and no extra money spent for the next three months!! (I'm doing an independent study with my professor, and an online class in July, but that's neither here nor there).

The point is that I'm finally free of bullshit assignments and readings in excess, and most MOST importantly is that I'm DONE WITH SPANISH YES GOD THANK YOU JESUS WON'T HE DO IT.

On top of that, I should be able to do more looks for you guys! Hopefully. I'm hoping for it. We'll see.

Speaking of looks, today is Creative Swirls Collab Thursday, and though we skipped a week last week (it was a hot mess), we are back in action with this week's look, the theme of which was a smoky eye. I honestly feel like I always look like I've gotten punched in the face if I do a true dark smoky eye, so I decided to do a rose-mauve look instead, and here we go!




Finessing in the mirror:





A closeup on the eyes:



I really think that this is the only way I can successfully do anything remotely resembling a smokey eye - except for that blue one I did once - and I'm okay with that! Baby steps, you guys, baby steps.

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown
  • Under Eye: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #6, in the Sonia Kashuk Grand Bazaar Spice Market Palette, followed by #9, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2
  • Crease: #10, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2
  • Lid: #10, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2
  • Inner Corner: #2, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: 
    • #6, in the Sonia Kashuk Grand Bazaar Spice Market Palette
    • with #9, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2 over top
    • and #10, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 2 towards the outer corner
Eyeliner:
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Eyeliner
  • Wing: MUA Professional Dual Ended Cat Eye Liner in Midnight Black 
  • Water Line: The Balm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner Pencil in Scott
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Carbon Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
#14, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette, with the Wet 'N Wild Limited Edition Megaglo Highlighting Powder in Crown of My Canopy over top
BLUSH:
#24, in the BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals Palette

LIPS:
Lipstick: #21 and #28, in the BH Cosmetics Nude Lips Palette, with a little of #20 in the center (though you can't really see it)


Okay, that's it for me! I'm going to spend the rest of my evening writing and enjoying the fact that I get to stay on this side of town all day tomorrow! Later!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment