Sunday, May 15, 2016

Let's talk about the 350 Bandwagon

Okay, if you're in the beauty community and you don't know anything about the Morphe 35O palette, then you've been living under a rock. This isn't some kind of popular clique superiority complex; literally, the damn palette is everywhere. From the moment I stepped foot into the beauty community, in particular Instagram, I was slapped right in the mouth with the 35O palette; everybody had it, everybody wanted it, and it was (is) always, always, sold out.

For the longest time I hated that damn palette, because I couldn't get away from it. I didn't have it, I didn't want it, and I didn't care, but everyone was obsessed. Restocks came and went and the shits sold like hot cakes, and I rolled my eyes and kept scrolling every time it showed up on my Instagram feed.

But then, one day, a restock came, and I figured...what the hell, why not.

I was on a Morphe binge. I had just ordered two of the 12 pans from the website, had managed to get my hands on the 35U for stupid cheap on Facebook (seriously, get over the concept of used makeup and join those groups; you won't regret it), and then I won the 35D in an IG giveaway, and I wanted more. So, when the restock happened, I threw my credit card at it, and it was mine.

And I love it.

Now, I'm a warm undertone kind of girl, and this palette is, for the most part, warm undertoned, which is perfect for me. I thought that the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte palette was the perfect transition palette, and it actually is a really great matte palette, but this palette is perfect for me specifically. So, for today, since I actually went to work, I decided to do a One Palette Wonder featuring (or starring, rather) the infamous Morphe 35O.








A little "the store is finally closed get tf out" finesse action:



And a closeup on the eyes:


I. Loved. It! I didn't have to use any other palettes for this look, and I was completely satisfied with the result. Perfect, I said! Perfect! Details!

 
FACE:
Primer:
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel on my T-Zone
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee
  • Under Eye: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Coffee
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: ColourPop Brow Pencil in Black 'n Brown
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
Brow Gel: Milani Brow Shaping Gel
 
EYES:
Primer: Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #14 and #18, in the Morphe 35O Palette
  • Crease: #31, in the Morphe 35O Palette
  • Lid:
    • Outer V: #31, in Morphe 35O Palette
    • Outer Half: #35, in the Morphe 35O Palette
    • Inner Half: #4, in the Morphe 35O Palette
  • Inner Corner: #10, in the Morphe 35O Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from Outer to Inner): 
    • #18, in the Morphe 35O Palette
    • with #31, in the Morphe 35O Palette over top
    • and #35, in the Morphe 35O towards the outer corner
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Liner
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Eye Liner 
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock On World, with #4, in the Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Ultra Blush Palette over top
 
BLUSH:
Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Blush in Toasted Almond
 
LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Devotion
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Dark
 
Alright, that's it for me tonight. Kento Nakajima is on my computer screen and he needs my undivided attention. Good night!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment