Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Happy Hump Day!

Y'all.

Finals are almost over.

I have one final left, in God forsaken Spanish, and then I am done for the spring semester, and my summer can begin! Three cheers for not driving across the city every day!

Anyway, today was one of my few (daytime) days off, so I decided to try messing around with a little makeup again. I blew the dust off of my makeup folder and unearthed this:

Photo and look by @makeupbyalinna

I went sifting through my drawers and whatnot and came across that Rimmel pencil and the L'Oreal single that I bought way back when and I thought, hey, why not?
This is what ended up happening:









A closeup on the eyes:




A comparison shot:





Clearly, it's not as fanciful as the source of inspiration, but, in my defense, it looked much better before I tried to darken my outer V like she did; that's where it got muddy on me. But that's what I get for trying to exactly duplicate the look; I should've finessed it and let it be. But I still liked it! So, here's the details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer on the rest of my face
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown
  • Under Eye: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn; Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer in Chocolate Brown
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 340 Cappuccino
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: #5, in the L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1
  • Crease: #12, in the Morphe 12NB Palette, with #8, in the E.L.F. Mad for Matte Palette as a crease definer
  • Lid: the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Blamed Blue, with the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Teal Couture over top
  • Outer Third: #12, in the Morphe 12NB Palette, and #8, in the E.L.F. Mad for Matte Palette over top
  • Inner Corner: E.L.F. Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast, diffused a little with the KIKO Milano Water Eyeshadow in #208
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from Outer to Inner): 
    • #8, in the E.L.F. Mad for Matte Palette
    • #12, in the Morphe 12NB Palette
    • E.L.F. Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast
Eyeliner:
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Eyeliner
  • Wing: MUA Professional Dual Ended Cat Eye Liner in Midnight Black
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Intenza Midnight Black on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
#7, in the Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Ultra Blush Palette, with #4 in the palette over top, and a little of #1 over that, just in the center
 
BLUSH:
#4, in the E.L.F. Studio Blush Palette in Dark
 
LIPS:
Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Gorgeous, with Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer in Vamp
Liner: Jordana Cosmetics Easyliner Eyeliner in Coffee Bean
 
Let me leave you with a little piece of advice: DO NOT PUT ON TWO SUPER DRYING MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS. DON'T FUCKING DO IT. SWEAR TO ME THAT YOU WILL NOT DO IT. I got the color that I was looking for, but my lips now feel like shit, so take this with you: Milani lippies + MUR lippies = shitty lips. That is all. Carry on.

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment