Saturday, May 21, 2016

Black eyeshadow is scary.

Hello again!

I know, I know, I've been MIA; summer laziness is kicking in, on top of the fact that I've been trying to get back into the swing of consistent writing, since I haven't been able to write for the majority of this semester. But I've been feeling bad about it (honestly, my Faves & F&#k No's are going to have to be fused into an April-May kind of situation), so I got off of my butt and decided to do a little bit of a look; I say a little bit because I only did the eyes - I wasn't feeling that proactive today. Anyway, here's the look I drew inspiration from:

Photo and look by @makeupby_ev21

And here's my rendition of it:





A comparison shot:




Now, I say that it's a redntion, and I only drew inspiration from in and didn't try to recreate it, because I didn't exactly follow the image completly. I've been working with a lot of mauve/rose toned shadows in my looks lately, and I just didn't want to do that again for fear of redundancy. So I just did a standard brown/black smoky eye, and let me tell you, black eyeshadow is scary as hell. It is the only shadow, no matter what brand you get it from, that will come out on your eye like a damn ink blot, so if it looks a little messy, it's because I spazzed out when I applied it. Alright, details!


BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn, with a tiny bit of Nicka K New York HD Concealer in Copper just under the brow
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: One More Bar, in the Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate Palette
  • Crease: Treat, in the Makeup Revolution Chocolate Vice Palette, with All Is Lost, in the Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate Palette to further define and smoke the outer V out
  • Lid:
    • Overall:  Fool's Gold, in the Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate Palette, with Vice, in the Makeup Revolution Chocolate Vice Palette over top, and a little bit of Ice Cloud, in the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette towards the center to kinda match the frostiness of the picture
    • Outer Third: Treat, in the Makeup Revolution Chocolate Vice Palette
    • Outer V: All Is Lost, in the Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate Palette
  • Lower Lash Line:
    • One More Bar, in the Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate Palette
    • with a little of Treat, in the Makeup Revolution Chocolate Vice Palette towards the outer corner
Eyeliner:  
  • Water Line:  Black Radiance Eye Appeal Kajal Eyeliner in Jet Black
  • Wing: Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous Eyeliner
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Eyeliner 
Mascara: Wet 'N Wild Max Fanatic Mascara, enhanced with Milani Length in Seconds Lash Extension Fibers on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes


Woo, that's it! It's gonna be really hard for me to battle my laziness this summer, but now that I have more micellar water and everything, I should be able to keep you guys updated with some looks. Alright, I'm gonna go try to find something to eat; good night!

x Ashlan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment