Thursday, May 26, 2016

I...don't have a lot of duochrome eyeshadows.

50+ palettes...a total of thirteen drawers of eyeshadows, and I maybe have two or three duochrome colors, and two of them are damn near identical. How is that even possible?

Why am I even talking about this?

I'm sure that's the question on your mind, so let me answer it for you.

Today's #CreativeSwirls Thursday! (I almost forgot again). Codi came to the group with the reminder about a look, and after a very halfhearted discussion on what theme to do, we decided on a look revolving around a duochrome eyeshadow. I was like, okay, cool, I can do that, and then I sat down at my vanity and realized...

I don't have any damn duochrome eyeshadow. 

There's one color in the 35O palette that can barely pass for a duochrome, and then there's one in the 35T palette, that looks almost exactly like the duochrome in the infamous Comfort Zone palette from Wet 'N Wild; actually, the WNW duochrome looks better. So there wasn't much that I could do in regards to options or this week's theme, which helped with narrowing a color down, but was a little disappointing; I mean, who has this much damn eyeshadow and only two duochrome colors?!

Okay, okay, I'm back. Here's my look for the week:






And here's me giving you some of that old Hollywood/Victorian photograph with the flash dust/sepia finesse realness in the mirror:





A closeup on the eyes:






And a video, featuring King Daddy himself.

I was a little iffy about this look when I finished it, but the pictures didn't come out too bad, if I do say so myself. Alright, here goes!



FACE:
Primer:
  • L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer on my cheeks
  • I forgot to prime my face, y'all
 Concealer:
  • Mouth: L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector with the L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee under the foundation, and L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee over the foundation
  • Nose, Chin, and Uneven Skintone on Cheeks: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
  • Under Eye: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
Face Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Golden Cashews
Bronzing Powder: Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Warm Hazelnut
Setting Powder: Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder in Neutral Light
 
BROWS:
Filler: ColourPop Brow Pencil in Black 'n Brown
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Burnt and Olden, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Crease: Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
  • Lid:
    • Overall: #8, in the Wet 'N Wild Color Icon Comfort Zone Palette
  • Inner Corner: #7, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
  • Lower Lash Line (Gradient from Outer to Inner): 
    • Olden and Earth, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
    • and #7, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette
Eyeliner:  
  • Wing: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Liner
  • Top Lid: NYC Big Bold & Precise Eye Liner 
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
 
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Bronzed Fame, with #12, in the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette over top
 
BLUSH:
L.A. Colors Mineral Blush in Spiced Rum
 
LIPS:
Lipstick: Ruby Kisses Creamlicious Triple Butter Matte Cream in Aren't U Jealous? (so. fucking. COMFORTABLE.)
Liner: Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Dark
 
Success! To me, at least. I'm so obsessed with those matte creams from RK that I'm going to have to go scour the city for more of them in flattering colors, and kudos to Wet 'N Wild for coming through with the quality yet again. Okay, I have a few hours before I need to shut it down for the night, so I'm gonna go make use of them! Good night!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment