Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Favorite Concealers and Foundations


Well hello!

I know the blog posts have been few and far between over the past couple of weeks, but that's mainly because of two reasons.

  1. Next week is finals week and I still have a research paper to do
  2. I'm out of makeup wipes and cotton pads, and I haven't had the wiggle room financially to buy more
So, I assure you, when the semester ends, and I can finally stop spending money on gas and fast food to get to and survive at school, I will be able to do some more cost friendly makeup looks and talk shit with you guys (and finally do my damn Faves & F*#k No's for April) if you missed me. But, for the time being, I have a little post for you! I'm doing something like a blog collab with Jazmine at Paint Me Beautifully (IG: @bgfbeauty), where we talk about our overall favorite makeup products! The first category of faves is foundations and concealers, and, though they really shouldn't be a secret becaue I don't change much, here are mine!






Let's get right into it, shall we? From left to right:


  • Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer (~$4): This is a newer concealer that I've been trying out, just to see if I could find another concealer to grab if/whenever I can't find my usual faves, and I like this one. It's not too thick and the color is great. I'm not a big fan of the doe foot applicator because I'm used to the brush applicators already attached to my usual faves, but I can get over that issue for the quality of the product. I use the color Chocolate Brown.
  • L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer (~$3-$4?): Okay this will never not be a favorite of mine. Ever. Never, ever. The L.A. Girl concealers are extremely popular all across the board for all races of makeup overs, and I'm no different. You get so much product in that little tube and the range of colors is fan-damn-tastic. I use the color Fawn for darkness around my mouth, to bright up my under eye areas, and as a brow highlight, and it's one color that I never have a problem finding in beauty supply stores. However...
  • Nicka K New York HD Concealer (~$4?): This is sneaking up on L.A. Girl like hell. The Nicka K concealers are just as amazing as L.A. Girl, and you get a bunch more product in their tubes, which means it takes forever for them to run out. That's a good thing, because while their color range is amazing as well, you better either buy two or three tubes of your color when you find it, or hope that you can find it again in the future, because I can't. I typically use Fallow to match my skin color, and I have gone to several stores and have never seen it again. I don't know if they discontinued it or what - I don't even know if it's online - but I do know that the Nicka K concealers are about five or six dollars online anyway, so you'll never catch me ordering them there. I managed to find one I can work with in the color Coffee, but I miss my Fallow! If I ever find it again I'm buying four, no lie.
  • Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation ($5): This is a great quick foundation for me, when I'm in a rush and I need a foundation that I can apply with a flat top brush and not a blending sponge. I used to be the biggest biggest biggest fan of this foundation, like nothing topped it (which is why I have about four bottles of it as we speak), but when I compare it to other foundations that I've used (and my new ultimate favorite), the coverage just isn't the same. But the finish is still nice. Oh, and don't let that Poreless shit fool you; it's a Poreless lie, but if you have other products that can remedy that, it's no big deal for $5.
  • CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation ($12-$13): This shit here?! This shit here?!?!?!?! This is the all time holy grail foundation of all time, yes I said it twice. I've used this foundation in the past and I didn't like it because of how I was applying it, but now that I'm in YouTube University I know what I should do, and it's perfect now. The finish is perfect. The coverage is perfect. It looks high end. It's for black women. Like, the entire line is for black women. It doesn't get any better than that. This foundation is perfect and I will never give it up and you can't make me. I mean, look at my face.







If that doesn't scream perfect for you, I don't know what will.

Alright, that's all I got! Make sure you guys check out Jazmine's favorites on her blog and Instagram, and I'll see you in the next one!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment