Monday, May 23, 2016

Today is a glorious day.

Why, you ask? Because King Daddy dropped his album.

I'm not going to go into all of the details about King Daddy, because honestly I just don't want to share him, but what I will say that Jonghyun Kim is the best living singer gracing this planet (aside from EXO's Chen), and you can fight me on it. I will fight you, I'm not lying. Fight me.

I literally threw my money at him, and I have been listening to this album almost nonstop since about 11 this morning; I'm playing it right now, actually, and I regret nothing. I'll probably play it again.

Because that album put me in such a good mood, I decided to do a look for you guys. Well, not a complete look, but I did some eyes for you, and it was an inspiration/recreation based off of this look right here:

 Photo and look by @colorpunch

It's pretty, right? I thought so, too. I also thought that it was one hell of a challenge, so naturally I accepted it, and here's what I came up with:



Here's a couple of comparison shots for you:







And a look like this just has to have a video to go with it, so here you go.

I didn't have that much of a challenge with this, honestly. It was relatively easy to find these colors in my collection, and it was simple enough to apply, but still fun. I had the biggest trouble with not overdoing the transition color, because it's hard to make blue eyeshadow work on Black women, so I had to do my best to keep it from looking muddy because of my base color. I feel like it looks quite similar to the inspiration, aside from the fact that we have completely different eye shapes, and lighting/and camera,s and she's using Sugarpill and I'm strictly drugstore. Well, drugstore, a little ColourPop, and the Take Me To Brazil palette.

-record scratches-

I know, right?! I kept it, and I actually used it again, and it actually wasn't as difficult! I've noticed that this palette works best when you need the colors with a fluffy brush; when you need to pack it on, that's when it starts to show out. Anyway, I've talked way too much; here's the details!

BROWS:
Filler: L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Fawn
 
EYES:
Primer: LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Base: The Sculpt powder in the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark
Shadows:
  • Transition: Burnt, in the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette, followed by Olden in the same palette, and then #6, in the BH Cosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette to start the blue
  • Crease: #7, in the Wet 'N Wild Limited Edition Boardwalk Boozing Palette
  • Lid:
    • Overall:  #15, in the Morphe 35U Palette, with a little of the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Ibiza on top at the center of the lid
    • Outer Third: the ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Coconut
    • Outer V: #7, in the Wet 'N Wild Limited Edition Boardwalk Boozing Palette
  • Inner Corner: Ice Cloud, in the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette, diffused a little with the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Chiffon
  • Lower Lash Line:
    • #4 in the BH Cosmetics Take Me To Brazil Palette, with #18 in the same palette closer to the water line
    • Greenwich Village, in my Ruby Kisses Luxe Colour Customizable Palette towards the inner corner
Mascara: L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Intenza Midnight Black Mascara on the top lashes; Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
I was so pleased with the outcome! It was just enough of a challenge for me, and I'm glad that it came out well, to commemorate such an awesome album dropping today. Alright, it's time for me to find something to eat and get back to writing. Have a good night!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment